Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB6 Jap import

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: YB6 Jap import Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192359284460?ul_noapp=true

How much???...yikes////albeit low miles though....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the same outfit that have the £20k YB5 'Special' (see post below).

When we were doing up our house many moons ago we visited MANY salvage yards etc. There was one local to us that was really just the front yard of an old farmhouse with loads of old stuff there. Most of it was in very poor condition but the old guy in the house always said things were very rare and asked top dollar. Never saw him actually sell anything.

You only count profit when you've sold something (until then its just a cost)but some folks seem to neglect that.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed..>West Coast imports
down in somerset......at least this company get them UK reg'd also....but seeing the state of the tyres on some of their imports I'll bet they have a blind MOT man working for them...cracked sidewalls etc etc....a fair few gag bikes on here....and £3k 80cc jap imports also...but a few nice RG400's NS400's etc.....I "friended" a bloke called Drew of "unobtainium" who is a brit living and based in Japan.....Buys rakes of 2 strokes and rare jap stuff and crates them up and send to Uk mostly...but also Oz and NZ etc.....Andy laminator used him to get his Aprilia RS250 Chesterfield........I've looked thru this companys bikes on ebay...and 80% of their bikes I've seen that this Drew fellow has bought for them thru Jap auctions....he goes to the auctions...starts them if he can....or if they don't run he buys them and gets them running and sells them on...evidently to this company....the other 20% of their bikes are from Unit5 Motos that I got my sons bike from....thus they have a company selling bikes that 2 other companies are buying on their behalf....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jj240569/m.html?item=192359284460&ul_noapp=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Drew does a very good job from what I can see, but these guys are still I suspect taking the piss at this end, probably adding 100% on.

Drew will not search specifically for a bike for you but he is accredited at 'trade only' auctions and will keep an eye out at these if you advise yr wants. He will of course also bid on anything you see on a specific Japanese website (e.g. Yahoo.co.jp) He will source NOS spare parts.

Moral here is go direct to Drew!
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Yeah, Drew does a very good job from what I can see, but these guys are still I suspect taking the piss at this end, probably adding 100% on.

Now...Hopefully others will back me up here...I am not known for supporting dealers...or giving them back-up or any such...but...If this dealer or others can source Bimotas and bring them over and double their purchase price...I'm all for it...it MAY bring up the value of the bikes that we all have on here (its our one and perhaps only mutual link between all of us).....And for myself at least...I've always considered 2nd hand Bimotas to be the bargain of the Century....especially when you look at the finer detail...and the premise that the end result...in 99% of all cases ...ended up lighter, faster, handling better and stopping quicker than the donor bike the engine came from...and pretty much always ended up looking better also.

I don't quite "get" the resurrection of old age 2-strokes...and VFR400's etc etc when it comes to the prices they command....an FZR400RR pretty much commands a retail price akin to Bimotas sibling YB7 on the 2nd hand market (although being a yammie fan I reckon the FZR400Rr looks better).....

Bimotas are cheap...too cheap...worlds BEst kept biking secret.....NO BIMOTA should ever be cheaper than a Z900 or a CBX1000...that were made in their hundreds of 1,000's...handled poorly and rotted...poor brakes...odd sized wheels, skinny tyres....Its all PURELY based on Nostalgia...people wanting the bike they "used to have" some 30 years ago...not even knowing that the bike they secretly should have had...but couldn't afford...a Bimota...is readily available at a better price.

Dealers have to take great risks in mainly buying blind from Japan, Europe etc...shipping costs and import costs...and trying to get them road going and reg'd..all this takes a team of paid workers...and rent and utilities to pay on a Unit to work from.....There will always be the case that a dealer gets "burnt" from time to time on the bike that turns up...that cant be sold...or is crash damaged etc that they weren't aware of.....thus they have to price high to try and recoup all their continual outgoings....I'm all for dealers in the UK pricing high...it makes your DB2 look cheap...link it to the others in the UK for sale at over £12K a-piece...and yours looks like the bargain they should be buying...from an Enthusiast...not some dealer that has merely blown air in the tyres and ran it under an MOT testers nose to sniff out an MOT....I bought an import recently from a UK dealer...they MOT'd it prior to transit to me...and then up to me to UK register it....It shouldn't have passed the MOT frankly....didn't have a UK headlight beam deflector on the lens..and other bits...fortunately they got the frame number wrong on it..missed one digit....so it didn't match the import docs or the nova cert...so they refunded the MOT charge and I sorted it myself....

Anyhoos...rant over.....anyone reading this that's on here...is more than capable of importing their own choice of bikes...and we all help each other with guides of how to and how to register etc...so dealers buying bikes and doubling the purchase price to establish a Sale price doesn't affect anyone on here...other than...it may help sales of our own bikes come the time...and may push up the value of our own bikes....Thoughts on a postcard??
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(although being a yammie fan I reckon the FZR400Rr looks better)..

LOL and I thought you were Bimotisti through and through.... 2bims, your opticians appointment is in the post Very Happy

If their YB6 sells for anything near what they are asking I will be even more delighted with my recent YB6 purchase. However, I just do not understand dealers who overprice the products and have it hang around for years. People do tend to notice that they haven't moved it on and will assume that it is way overpriced, or there is an issue which they may worry isn't obvious, or prefer not to deal with people just trying to cash in. If it were a car rather than a bike (even classic cars) it would be moved on in the trade if needs be. Potential buyers must allow for issues to be sorted out which can be expensive with machines like Bimota, could you rely on the dealer to offer a decent warranty?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The law changed recently so that ALL dealers have to give a minimum 3-month warranty....and yes...even for old bikes like Bimotas...some try and cop out by saying its a "trade" deal offered without warranty, part-ex or finance options...these dealers I'd stay away from......A lot of folk can only risk their hard earned cash on what maybe their one and only Toy...and thus may buy these "overpriced" items from said dealers...getting finance, warranty and maybe a part-ex...so I understand how they do indeed achieve some sales...be they overpriced or not.....If any Bimota is at least "complete" then they can all be fixed to be made running and safe....save for any version with Bimotas own ECU's...which of course are unobtainium....of course theres clocks also....but in today new age with electronic displays...any defective clocks can be replaced, albeit with a complete change...but they can be fixed......For some Dealers...CraigsHonda for one....they can afford to have some nice toys on display for sale...it gets people into their Showroom that are there simply to view..and maybe then they buy something else..or just buy food, or gloves or a jacket etc etc..its all revenue.

Woods of Abergele have a Brand new DB5R on display, from when they were a Bimota dealer...and some other rare Ducs....All are marked..."Shop Owners display bike, Not for sale, do not even bother to ask"....the bikes are just Window dressing to bring people in.....I made such a visit to Woods of Abergele when wanting a DB5R...as I had never seen one in the flesh....BIG mistake...it was then my mission to find one...which of course I did...and since then I've been back to Abergele a couple of times...this was initially done on a rumour that they had one on display...the internet didn't tell me this...just word of mouth...So down I rode on my DB4 to speak to Mr Wood and hope that he would let me climb on the bike and inspect it...not to buy his..it wasn't for sale...but to aide my decision to pursue finding one of my own......Such a stage I guiltily admit I have done for many others on here..."come and try mine out for size so you can decide"....I am personally guilty for the following bikes being bought by others after seeing mine....DB1, Ducati 900SS, DB2, DB5R, DB6R........Sorry folks for leading those that know down this path.....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think it is legally a 6 month warranty. Vehicle has to be fit for purpose. Within 6 months the dealer must prove the problem wasn't there when sold to get out of their liability. After 6 months it is up to the buyer to prove the problem was there.

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: