Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V-Due Evolution (Final edition)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickyb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: V-Due Evolution (Final edition) Reply with quote

My V Due needs a new home (Ive got a Norton V4SS coming!)
1200 miles, Jolly moto underseat pipes, absolutely mint, non of the usual cracks in fairings, no scratches or marks. Only fault is that a few diodes are out on the dash (common fault on these)
Comes with paperwork from Piero, original (standard) sales brochures, owners handbook and factory workshop manual, tool kit and spare key.

I looked a 3 others before this one, Ive owned it for just over 2 years, ridden it twice and stared at it endlessly...

Ill be fitting a new battery (its been started regularly btw) and putting an MOT on it ready for sale

Im looking for £16500 firm please

If you want to come and have a look, you're welcome. Im near the Birmingham NEC

If you want to talk to me, Im on 01676521589 or 07980 601776

Thanks

Simon

Last edited by nickyb on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures, mileage, etc all help.......
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nicky B...did you sort the dash out on the vdue of the diodes that had blown making it difficult to read speed, water temp etc? You were going to try and get them replaced? Would be nice to know if theres a fix out there
nickyb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2 bims

regarding the dash, no I didn't pursue it any further, its still got a few lights missing...
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Nicky for the feedback....I thought for once someone had found a place to fix them....I think all Vdues with those dashes have the odd part here and there that doesn't light up
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of mine are out, but then became apparent quite quickly that the dash has no seal on the screen, even if you wash it water gets in and does its thing!!
On the Norton front , you actually been told its on its way ? Had mine on order since November 2016, got the chassis number and everything , should have been delivered in Aug 17 but nothing !!! Have not heard of one customer bike being delivered yet.
nickyb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort

Ive no idea when mine is coming, Ive definitely got one coming though... apparently...so I'm led to believe... I think!

I put the deposit through a Norton dealer (Kickstart - wales) rather than Norton themselves so that I know the money is safe!!

I was only able to get an SS because I bought a ltd edition 'Manx man' Dominator from him (which I have got), and although he was initially given 6 to sell, Norton snatched 5 back from him and so the only one that will be coming through his doors is mine. I have been offered 16k for my 4k deposit, so it looks like it'll be a good investment

Im in no rush to get it, it'll arrive when it arrives. Meanwhile, I'm shedding 5 of my 10 bike collection, 2 of which are the Bimotas
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW 16k for a 4k deposit !!!! That is impressive.
I guess thats the benefit of getting it through a dealer.

Mine is with Norton, done at the NEC 2016. They had a TT deal on , 2 closed laps, set up time at Jurby , Technicians in pit during Jurby and closed session to sort suspension etc . Think there was something else included but can't remember.
Also a factory tour /test ride etc before I commit more money.

I could choose to have it through a dealer or Norton closer to the time , just had to pay at NEC and I think limited spaces at TT.
500_BOTT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, new on here, (sent a pm nickyB), From the dash problems, it sounds like it's not just the LEDs that are at fault, would this be expensive to repair, impossible (they all do that) or just something beyond a home DIYer fix? ie is it a basuc circuit board, or multi layered full of 'chips and drivers'
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LED being out is not a major issue, just an inconvenience . Dash has no real seal on it , so water capillary action sucks it up the pcb board. Main issue is the dash also houses the ecu .
I took my dash apart, dried /cleaned the board and then siliconed the glass back in to seal it.
DIY LED replacement- possibly but don't know anyone that has done it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: