Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Indicators flashing too fast!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
777ljb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Indicators flashing too fast! Reply with quote

Hi again, being a new owner of an SB6 I thought I would go right through the bike checking all was ok. I found that the indicators were flashing too fast as if the bike had LED indicators. On checking the flasher relay I found that it was a 21 watt unit so checked the bulbs, only to find that they were all 10 watt items fitted from new. So they must have flashed too fast since production.

On fitting 23w small head bulbs (the only ones to fit the indicators) all is well and they are flashing at the correct rate now.

Has anyone else found this out?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmm....not heard of that before....maybe fuse were blowing so a previous owner lowered the wattage....or maybe it was the only bulbs the factory had in stock at the time which sounds more likely....generally 2 bikes made on the same day might not share the same bits depending on stock availability......even in the 2000 series onwards....some Db6's are fitted with adjustable ball ends on the brake and gear lever (footpegs)...whereas they are normally fixed...and only the DB5 has adjustable ends coz you can raise and lower the footpegs.....so again they must have ran out of stock of the right ones from time to time
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard indicators ... how novel Wink

I've changed mine a few times, the rear ones are slow on the uptake apparently probably something to do with the earth ... oh well
777ljb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am keeping the bike exactly as it left the factory as I show a couple of bikes that I have. If everyone modifies their bikes, I will have the only standard one left! It will be worth millions! Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be in a packing case if it was exactly as it left the factory............. Very Happy
777ljb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make one now! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: