Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 1D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Tesi 1D Reply with quote

I was looking at a web site called Rare Sports Bikes for sale and out of interest I checked out Bimotas. Some one was selling a 1D and apparently
the seller indicated that this particular Tesi 1D is one of the limited edit SR models.
The SR models were different in that the engine had larger displacement, weight was reduced, the tank was reduced to 4 liters and the suspension was switched to Öhlins. Only 164 SR versions of the 1D were produced, and they can be recognized by the green lines on the bodywork.
Does anyone know if this is true? Mine looks exactly like the one on RSB and has the green stripes but the shocks are Marzocchi. I thought that the SR had square mirrors.
atomibart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bimotaboy,

It is very complicated to be sure what every single Tesi is. Bimota used several models of shock absorber and front swingarm on its different versions (1D 851, 1D 904, 1D sr, 1D ES, 1D EF).
On the upper fairing you should see a small 's' in the 1 of the 'Tesi 1D' logo and a small 'r' in the D.
If you find those yes probably your Tesi is the version with the 904 cc engine.
And to be sure you can check the engine. You should see a 5 mm metal spacer between each cylinder and the housing. Bimota put these spacers to increase the stroke ans get this 904 displacement from a standard 851 engine.

atomibart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: