Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Paddock Stand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Paddock Stand Reply with quote

anyone in UK got a paddock stand they want to part with? Need it for my YB6. Type with the bar that passes through the rear axle. I know Bimota Classic Parts sell them new but thought i'd see if anyone wanted to part with one locally first.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you are talking about the black tubular "packing crate" rear stand that normally comes with the bike when uncrated....BCp's price isn't too bad...but shipping may hurt.....Another here on the Forum sells a threaded rod to insert through the spindle with custom alloy bobbins that fit on either end...so that you can use a normal pop-up stand with hooks on......I do like the simplicity of using the original Bimota one though....you fit it whilst the bike is on its sidestand...secured with a P clip through a hole in the rod....then stand the bike upright and place one foot on the stand and up she pops.....Very easily done with just one person with a 90% reduction in fear factor of dropping it using a normal pop-up stand...Be sure to check the width overall though....Not all Bimota rear packing crate stands fit all models...especially 80's and early 90's stuff...face of swingarm outer to opposite outer do vary....the BCP ones are more late 90's and 00's designed stands....
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One on Fleabay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BIMOTA-REAR-PADDOCK-STAND-ORIGINAL-SUPPLIED-ITEM-SB6-SB8-DB2-YB10-ETC/173029096229?hash=item2849567b25:g:N6oAAOSwAaJaL9Xr
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly the type. I have one for the SB6R and could do with another for the YB6 especially with the suicide side stand. I did look for the bobbins but couldn’t find them on eBay or link to vendor on here
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
One on Fleabay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BIMOTA-REAR-PADDOCK-STAND-ORIGINAL-SUPPLIED-ITEM-SB6-SB8-DB2-YB10-ETC/173029096229?hash=item2849567b25:g:N6oAAOSwAaJaL9Xr

Missed that! Thank you
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick...someone buy it before me or one of the other 4 watchers does..........

Its PhilFingers on here that was marketing the thru spindle shafts with turned alloy bobbins.........

Go down this thread and you'll find a stripped down SB6...with engine stand under it and thru spindle bobbins shaft...and Philfingers phone number on the close-up detail of his engine stands that he also makes

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4337&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I hit buy it now after braving the freezing garage with a tape measure. Looks like it will be fine
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow looks like our stands are worth more than some of the bikes......... Laughing
ruffef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looked cheap in comparison to some....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RG-500-Original-Suzuki-Montagestander-/282636437398?hash=item41ce71c796:g:URkAAOSwOuRZq7J-&vxp=mtr
Spongebob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I have one of those but for my Slabbie. Came with bike when I bought it and now hangs from the roof in the garage as so difficult to use. Best I put it on eBay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: