Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota replica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say, " I'm gob-smacked; it's beautiful"
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops....its started already....the love affair with your Bimota clone has got you secretly sneaking out away from the family to check how she's doing....And she does look fine on a sunny day for sure.

I wasn't sure why you kept the black frame rails black and not red beneath the engine...but now that you've fitted Bimota period correct black expansion pipes...that look swell....it hides and matches the back drop out frame rails and looks good..

Do you intend to manufacture a radiator shroud/cover...and fix it to those blank tapped holes on either side of the radiator? Makes it look like somethings missing when theres holes with no bolts in.....that's all I can fault on it...and I had to try REAL hard....Nice work
brian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow very nice!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Wolfgangh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Do you intend to manufacture a radiator shroud/cover...and fix it to those blank tapped holes on either side of the radiator? Makes it look like somethings missing when theres holes with no bolts in.....that's all I can fault on it...and I had to try REAL hard....Nice work

2bims, you are absolutely right. I intend to put on the original radiator shrouds from the GT750, but the painter just forgot to paint them. They will become white for now, not sure how they will end up, I will decide once they are mounted. Maybe the tricolore (green/white/red stripes vertically) or a „liquid cooled“ logo...
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Bimota replica Reply with quote

Hello,

lovely bike and really looks beautifully made- dare I say it, possibly better than some of the original Bims,

Happy New Year,

MikeJ
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bimota replica Reply with quote

Mike Jennings wrote:
Hello,

lovely bike and really looks beautifully made- dare I say it, possibly better than some of the original Bims,

Happy New Year,

MikeJ

I would agree totally. Think you would find that this bike would be VERY welcomed at any Bimota gathering anywhere. Bimotas weren't perfect by any imagination but at least they failed whilst TRYING to be perfect. (Many problems due to cost of small scale production and supplier issues). Many Bimota owners have made small improvements to try and improve their bikes and the quality of your work is amazing and you should be very proud with the result. It captures the true "spirit' of Bimota
Wolfgangh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project completed. I am very, very happy with the result.

https://youtu.be/82bmIdRWD7c
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really really nice Wolfgang.....glad to see it finished....but this is the youtube clip EVERYONE wants to HEAR...engine running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPUDP_pjTKw

If I was being critical.....everything is absolutely gorgeous...attention to detail and faithful recreation...but...and its just my personal preference.....the side panels on the radiator would be black and not white....sort of detracts from the original factory looking tank/seat unit...and highlights it being a watercooled 2-stroke...but...that's just me....
Wolfgangh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Really really nice Wolfgang.....glad to see it finished....but this is the youtube clip EVERYONE wants to HEAR...engine running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPUDP_pjTKw

If I was being critical.....everything is absolutely gorgeous...attention to detail and faithful recreation...but...and its just my personal preference.....the side panels on the radiator would be black and not white....sort of detracts from the original factory looking tank/seat unit...and highlights it being a watercooled 2-stroke...but...that's just me....

I fully agree to your comment, I won‘t keep these radiator covers white. I dont know yet whether I will do them black or silver (aluminum), will do some simulations in photoshop first.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satin black...satin black....same ss the rad and nice expansion pipes.....photoshops the way for sure...
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed
Wolfgangh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here some sound

https://youtu.be/uxcf-r0onqU
quikduk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunningly gorgeous!

Bravo!
Weed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful job & you picked a great motor to execute the project. Something to be extremely proud of
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: