Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Brake Pad question for the old school Brembo F08 Calipers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Brake Pad question for the old school Brembo F08 Calipers Reply with quote

Hi All,

as most of the early flavours of Bimotas, shared the same or similar Brembo calipers, i was wondering if anyone could make some recommendations for brake pads?

I'm about to rebuild the calipers and fit new master cylinders and S/Steel brake lines, so it's time for new pads, what works, doesn't work, i'd rather choose a pad that will be kind to the discs if there is one.

Can anyone also tell me the part # for the YB5 rear caliper? The only reference i have found is 20.2742.30 but i can't find any reference to it, i may as well rebuild the rear whilst i'm at it.. The fronts are Goldline F08's, but the rear is black and a different model...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FO8's or PO8's????....These guys sell brembo spares....youre right...IMHO..to go for softer pads to preserve discs...pads are cheaper and easily available compared to the discs...as you have high iron content discs front and rear...steer clear of red plate backed brembo pads...these are sintered race pads and will eat your discs alive....I always try to get brembo original....

https://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/search/for/brembo/page/1/

These guys I've also used...selling PO8 rebuild kits....bolts and seals...to give you an idea of price....

http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=2&q=brembo
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres also Bevel Heaven who sell kits and brake pads....basically you want Brembo pads and not Sintered or organic or race...

https://store.bevelheaven.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=manufacturer&parent=0&mid=4&search_in=all&search_str=&pg=2
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get my Brembo pads locally from Gowanlochs. He knows which pads are for which disc material so that helps.
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

i got these codes from this web site http://www.thisoldtractor.com/brembo_brembo_brake_and_clutch_cross_reference_for_bimota_motorcycles.html

From searching those #'s i found a cross reference to F08, but rumaging around some Ducati pages i saw P08's mentioned for Ducati... If you have any further light you can shed on the subject it would be appreciated.. I believe the F08 and P08 share the same piston diameter, other than that i don't know the difference between them

Any idea on the rear caliper??

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lech,

which Gowanlochs??? The store that uses his name, or the man himself??

Steve

Bud977

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the shop, run by Mike Soderland:

https://ducati-gowanloch.com/product-category/brakes/brake-pads/brembo-brake-pads/
v-pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older Italian stuff I've had used the F05 caliper on the rear. I had good results from the Ferodo's
96 Ducati 900 SS/SP
87 moto Guzzi Le Mans IV se (2x)
78 Moto Guzzi V50
68 benelli 250 65 Ducati 250
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the rear caliper is a Brembo P32 variant, same as fitted to the DB1. Rebuild kits should be easily available. Lovely looking YB5 Cool
rpo83

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,

Paul, i think you are correct... Thanks.

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: