Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Intending to Attend with Classic Bike?
Please include me within a Club Joint application
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
I will sort my own application
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath Reply with quote

Good day everybody....seeing as I "opted out" of organising the 2-day Mcr bike show Bimota attendance this year....I'm now offering a "ride out" and show for classic Motorcycles to the above named event, (Spare Bimotas available for anyone wishing to drive to mine and ride from there) held from 10am to 5pm of Sunday 1st July, 2018, at Crich Tramway Musuem, near Matlock Bath.

Entry into the event is "free" for pre-booked clubs and individual attendees....being organised by the Vincent Owners Club.....theres individual prizes for "Best Vincent"..."Best British bike" and "Best international Bike"...(which could also include Vincents I suppose...but theres also a "Best in Show" prize voted for by the Public....

Entry is stated as being for "motorcycles built before January 1994"....My DB2 was first registered in the UK in March 1993.....so I'm fine...seems like the classification for a free ticket is 25 years old and more....theres also a section in the Free car park for modern Classic vehicles, free parking and showing...but methinks it doesn't include admission for free...or entry into the compo. Normal admission prices are £17 and £13 for any of the "younger" generation over the age of 60....they have a "less able" classification for folk also at £10.50

Would be nice to get numbers of folk interested and get some machines ridden down there....Individuals can enter via filling out a form and posting with a SAE (how quaintly old fashioned)....Or we could perhaps do a "club entry" under the guise of Italian Motorcycle Owners Club IMOC...which would cover anyone going down on Italian machinery and I could sort this...membership for others not required....

More details here:-

https://www.tramway.co.uk/whatson/classic-motorcycle-event/

Individual application here:-

https://www.tramway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Classic-Motorcycles-TC-FV.pdf

And heres a "group" application which I could do once "numbers" of folk interested are known....

https://www.tramway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Classic-Motorcycles-Club-TC-FV.pdf

So...for now...as registration is now "open"...I merely need a "yup I'm in" with either a "please include me in a club application"...or notify if applying yourself by using the voting buttons at the top of the Post.....Cheers.......

Last edited by 2bims on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would like to go, but I have no idea what state I am going to be on over the year.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can include you in on a "block" booking Katy....theres no charge for them and it just means general bike details of a list.......and as none of us have been before then no great loss if weather comes into play/bike breakdowns and no shows...the Mcr show was a bit different in that they gave us an allocated size of space on demand for free that they could have sold if we didn't fill it...so there was always a touch of pressure if no-one showed up...which never happened..in fact there was only One year out of 5 when only one person didn't show up...which is quite exemplary in itself...

I also feel like this is a MUCH smaller intimate affair...lining up on the Tram platform...and chance to ride down the lines apparently...thus insurance required if bike being ridden...bit like they do at the Isle of Man TT when they have the IMOC Show of bikes on the railway station platform....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

In which case, add me on. There is a chance I won't me able to go there and a good chance I won't be able to ride there (docs orders) . Probably be the Bimota but could possibly be another bike (well, the Freccia was designed by Tamburini......).

Choke cable snapped on the Dieci on Sunday. Need to make up another but my solder pot has died. New one on order so hopefully get it sorted soon.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't have to be a Bimota...just pre 1994 for actual showing....if you have anything fancy that may scoop the "Best International Bike" or "Best in Show awarded by the Public"....if we get lots of Bimota owners down there we may be able to swing the public vote...as all other prizes are down to the Judge...and seeing as the Main Event is set by the Vincent Owners Club...it maybe has a slight bias...cough cough

Laminator is up for it now also, threatening to bring 3 or 4 YB's down...also Paul DB2 with his YB6 and DB1...me as usual.....Poor Old Vort says his are all POST 1994.....young nipper that he is...Andy G is also choosing between a Guzzi California from the 50's or his Benelli Sei 6 cylinder....depending on what is running at the time......could be a good old selection...need to chin up Glynn Robinson and his KB1...or one of his Vincents...and maybe BimotaNige wants a ride across on a SB3/4/KB1 or DB2???
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

If I brought the trailer I could bring the CX rolling chassis again. Might even have a wiring loom on it by then

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been speaking to Glynn Robinson of the Vincent Workshop....he fancies coming down...maybe with his KB1...it appears though that my guessed perception of this event being for 20-30 bies is a bit "out"...apparently they get up to 500 bikes down there...which I suppose I should have expected given its close proximity to the famed biker meet town of Matlock Bath.....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update Folks.....Under the guise of "IMOC" a club I am in...and a recent message to the Organisers of "Are we in as I sent my club application in January"...they confirmed they never received it...BUT...they have allowed us a slot ...As its late confirmation...apologies from them and me...THey have said this to me

Dear Steve

I am so sorry that you have not heard from us. I have checked this afternoon and cannot find any evidence of having received your form. As the event is now getting very close I have taken the liberty of attaching a club entry form together with a form for individual entries which will need to be completed for each motorcycle registration.

Although we usually need all the forms completed and returned, if this causes any problems I would accept an emailed list of the individuals and I’ll mock forms up in the office for registration – I will need individual names, registration numbers, make and model of bike, date of registration and a contact number (preferably mobile) and an email address (if possible) for each entry. Entry this way could only include motorcycle and rider, I cannot accept additional pillions without prior payment by cheque or credit card over the telephone to this office (01773 854321).

I will do my very best to get you registered and get tickets to you as soon as I have details and hope this will be sufficient help for you to still attend our event.

I look forward to hearing from as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Karen Willis
Events Co-ordinator
01773 854357
karen.willis@tramway.co.uk
www.tramway.co.uk

SO far...I am going down on my DB2...long range weather forecast says dry as a bone and warm and sunny....BimotaAndy is up for it on his Ducati 900Darmah...PaulDB2 is up for it with whatever he is bringing....Glyn (not on here) is riding down with his Vincent...it is a Vincent Owners Club thats organising it afterall.
Katy aka Admin is choosing between 3 events on the same day as to which to go to
I'm checking with MickCapper to see if hes interested...even if his bikes are all too new.....Laminator is unfortunately going to be out of the country.
I've put the shout out also to BimotaNige if he fancies bringing over one of his fine steads....I have accommodation available if thats needed.

Anyone else interested please shout very quickly and loudly, as they allowed and have allocated us 10 spaces...but have more if needed...ALL attending vehicles must have been regd before 1994....for a free ticket to enter (riders only get in for free not pillions)

Theres over 300 bikes scheduled to be down there on the tram platforms...entry apparently includes a free tram ride....

I'm calling Karen tomorrow to check if we can all just email her under my name STEVEN HARDY....BUT YOU EMAIL HER YOUR DETAILS as I've stated...under the representation of a club IMOC that I'm in....and she will either post tickets out or email them out...or maybe she would like to hold them at the gate for us when we arrive...I will check all this tomorrow...theres also a 10mph limit ride down the tramlines planned BUT...all bikes have to be legal and insured for this as Joe Public will obviously be there in attendance...helmets worn but not Full ONe piece leathers...unless you want to....

The event is open from 10am to 5pm...and i will ask tomorrow if we have to be there before that time or how early can be...and if we have to leave at 5pm or can be earlier...I really dont know...I've never been before....and I see that the application form states if bringing a trailer/van for non-runners then also ask for a Car Pass also. They've also asked for address for sending of tickets evidently
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numbers of attendees are racking up

So Far

Me - BimotaDb2
BimotaAndy - Ducati Darmah 900ss
PaulDB2 - Bimota YB6
Katy AKA Admin - Bimota YB10
Jade - Cagiva Freccia C12R
MickC - Bimota of his choice on the day (hopefully)
BimotaNige - Bimota KB1

Anymore anyone???

I've checked the SmallPrint for Entry...they ask for "date of registration" of vehicle...but the Even entry details state:-

"is for motorcycles built prior to January 1994."

So Initial date road registered should not be an issue if your bike was built prior to Jan '94 but yet registered after this date.

Just for the Crack....HEres the bike I'm taking down...advertised as a £13,400 Prize that could be won in the MCN "spot the Ball" competition....MCN paper printed Wednesday Jaunary 5th 1994....so evidently bike made in Italy...transported to Galleria in Cranleigh Surrey...painted up by Kinetic Art in the somewhat flamboyant race colours of the time...and entered as a Prize in MCN...has to have been made in 1993...which is new NEws to me!!

If only the bike was worth that much TODAY.....If £13,400 was held in a savings account in 1993...at 4% compound interest it would now be worth £36,000....and who says Bimotas arent better than "money in the bank"...Initial Purchase price was half that of the first house I ever bought in 1997
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be phoning the nice lady at Crich Tramway to check she's got emails from folk today that wish to attend with their bike for this Sundays event...The weather forecast? Sunny, 26 degrees...breezy and DRY.....For those attending either showing or just visiting....and for those that consider it convenient...we are planning to ride/drive to Chinley after the event for a bite to eat at the "Old Halll Inn"/Paper Mill pub in Chinley...so give me a heads up anyone that fancies that so I can book...its a busy place....Grade 2 listed 16th Century Elizabethan Manor house and Coaching Inn with parts dating back to the 1300's.....Bikers are more than welcomed...at least I have been so in the past

http://www.old-hall-inn.co.uk/
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB2 has been undergoing a Late Spring Clean especially for the event
And I've tried out the wonderful billet pins with the rear stand for the first time...pins provided by WelshLamb...cheers

Have to say they worked a treat...far sturdier than my previous pop-up stand I'd been using...DB2 and Db1 have rear concentrics for chain adjustment...like the YB series of bikes..BUT...unlike the YB series...the spindles are solid and not hollow...so you need pins to puch into the concentrics to use the Bimota packing crate stand...and then can spin the wheel for cleaning, chain lube etc

And up she goes.....which holes to use in the concentrics is quite crucial...as the tyre can bind on the stand if its proximity is too close to the stand

A bit of nakedness for a more thorough clean

Oil level was just a touch above minimum...so time to top up...always a bit of a pain...due to the clamshell one piece bodywork...BUT...if you remove the 2 side fairing bolts that go into the frame....you can prise it open and with a flat hand and arm...reach down to unscrew and remove the oil filler cap....

It is a tight squeeze though...you even have to remove your watch to get your arm down

Then you reach for your prefabbed Heath Robinson contraption to fill the gearbox.....a bamboo short length.....taped to a length of clear tubing small enough dia to pop into the filler hole....with a funnel taped to the top.....simples

I wish cat with give me a paw or two....instead of me polishing away with dusters wrapped around my fingers....her mitts are perfect for the job and already microfibred up

I wasnt so sure if she was watching me....or just getting her usual fix of 2-stroke pre-mix...as this is one fo her favourite spots

More today...front wheel still left to clean....brake and clutch fluids refreshed...Alloy still to clean and one last polish of the bodywork...Just a days work or so then...
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB2 looking superb Steve, but really your OCD is waning. The stand is missing a rubber bung from one side ! Shocked
Seriously, if you want to take the stand to display at Crich I can put it in my van, plus any other items that don't travel easily on the bike.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all GO for crich this Sunday...…...tramway event...Karen of Crich phoned...she has all details of bikes and people and envelopes with ticket will be held at the gate for each bike....6 No,

Cagiva Freccia C12R - Jade
Bimota Dieci -aka YB10...only you Katy would write Dieci...poor lady said Deeky….
Me- DB2
BimotNige - KB1
BimotaAndy - Ducati 900ss Darmah
And
Last but not least
My faithful Man servant and Diet Coke Moment Man
Paul DB2 - With his YB6....Hhmmmm...that log on name dont work so well nomore...Mind you...Pot...Kettle Black...2Bims is even further from the reality...HeyHo...been no glass in my greenhouse for many a year....

To the Weekend!!!!!!!!!! And Beyond!!!!!!!....Oh..must remember to pack the "Bimota Parking Only" post.....push that Duc and Cag to one side...Bimota Parasol will also be packed and fetched...also a couple of rear bike stands....For all you suicide folk out there...Paul??? Yours also...was forgetting...another member of the Kamikaze club...whats Italian for "suicide"??
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
..whats Italian for "suicide"??

"Suicidio" or more colloquially speaking "Merda santa, non di nuovo!" Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Phil Collins get into this chat??/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: