Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

"Fuel-low" float switch SB6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its the light that makes the milling on the top clamp stand out
gunslinger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: winterwork 2018 Reply with quote

Ok- long time has gone by !

Back to the original subject: "fuel float switch... SB6"

DavidT: Yes i did buy a brand new float switch from ebay - i it was exactly the same ! Very Happy - however the floatelement was slightly larger in diameter, so i had to drill the hole in the tank up by 0.5 mm.

So far ditched the makeing one up myself. More important things to do with other bikes.

Also this winter renovation of leaky forks - kit for mx 650 Honda 46mm seals and bushes does fit Smile (found it here on forum "allballs" kit) only the oring for the seal retainer (top of lower leg) i cannot replace - what is number or size?
Also the carbs got new green ehanol restistent seals and rings. (link found on this forum Very Happy ) - found the choke rail rod operating the choke plungers has allmost chewed away #4 carb plunger. rail is steel and plunger is brass. just 0.3 mm was left of plunger head. vibrations on #4 carb had made the rod vibrate away brass since it not well supported on mikunis bad design.
had to makeup a quick fix.

will se if floatswitch works this summer and I may design a small canister to fit inside tank, to prevent slushing in fuel to wobble the float erraticly - giving annoying false "low" light blinking.
-And got a spare Suzuki reset trip knob fitted. Surely the M2 screw has not been installed, enabling the old knob to end up somewhere in a twisty corner of road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: