Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bike for Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Bike for Sale Reply with quote

Strange times....I usually post in here whenever I see something nice for sale, that isn't mine, or that I'm not intending buying myself but for others to view and chance their arm on.

Todays post goes off both of those tracks...I'm posting up "for Sale"....one of my own bikes!!!!!!!!....On here before it goes onto Ebay...."Cor Blimey"...."Odds Bodkins"...."Sacre Bleu"......."When Hell freezes over"....I hear you all cry out....2Bims releasing one of his beasts from the stable out into the open for others to own, ride, share etc etc......Yup...the time has come....

Said stead of beauty has been with me for some 8.5 years now....I am the second only owner, Original UK Bike....previous owner had her for 4 years and amassed some 3,500miles...I've taken that figure up to just under 7,000miles....

As with all my steads, care, love, devotion to duty and "open wallet" policy has been bestowed upon her....with some £3,000 worth of trinkets and upgrades added to her under my ownership....But...as ever with an eye on future transfer of ownership....All Original parts were carefully removed, meticulously cleaned, wrapped and stored away and will be included in any potential sale so that the new owner has the option to return to Factory Spec Original and then have a field day selling trinkets off on ebay to recoup some of their purchase price....each to their own.

Why the Sale????.....many deliberations and sleepless, restless nights.....fancying a slight change in track to add another stead that I'll maybe use more, maybe less....who knows but I have an itch I want to scratch....its either that or my House Cat has fleas....Rotten darn moggie that she is......

Early morning here....so More Details and versage, together with the usual expected plethora of High Res Photos and detail shots to follow later........

so...your task for the day.....Which "stallion" is breaking down the gate and running for the High Plains??????..... Laughing
rpo83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea about what you'll be selling, but i do want to know what the itch is for.... c'mon, you can tell us....

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've two itches at the moment....but only one can be scratched...and ONLY after letting one bike go as space is that limited...and theres already 2 bikes in the house so ltd room there also....

One itch is a throwback to yesteryear and a bike I used to own and hoon around on...but its not rose tinted glasses.....theres updated models up to 2005ish...and its a care-ish free bike to lark around on...KDX200/220 water cooled...used to own a C1 air cooled many years ago...had her for ten years,hooning around the mountains and back lanes of a 3,500 acre farm estate in Scotland near Loch Lomond when I lived up there....the same area that they have used for the Scot 6 day trial from time to time....Oh what fun.....sank her in a stream and Loch Lomond and a river over the years....yet on she ran valiantly despite my abuse...Gearbox oil milkier that the Milky Bar Kid....yet start 1st/2nd kick she always would.......and been having so much guilty fun on the odd blast around on sons DT125R I feel that 2-stroke enduro's the way to go...something I don't have to give a monkeys about...although I'm sure I still will....I'd like an IT200/465 but they are rarer than Hens teeth....and costly

2nd option is possibly remaining in my main thread of ownership....B-I-M-O-T-A......but cant say too much about that at present...The last time I did so on this Forum someone read it....found the said bike for Sale and Gazumped me on price...although To be fair he probably didn't realise it was the same bike I was contemplating.....anyhoo's....I passed the details onto another on here to buy it....who Gazumped the previous fellow...so all ended well and it didn't cost me anything....Teehee...........
rpo83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a KDX200 many years ago, it was a hoot...

I hope that which ever way you go it ends up being smooth sailing..

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Here she is...EBAY advert has gone live.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132514345983
morebhp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested but live in Spain - can you bring it down here for me to take a look. And if I want it would you consider a boxer dog in part exchange Wink

Looks great - good luck with a good sale.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tempting to ride down...blue skies...fluffy white clouds...sun...no rain...Oh hang on....its only 1.5 degrees Celsius outside........Hhmmm...maybe not
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2,046 page views....and currently 214 watchers on my KTM bike sale on ebay...reserve now met....If only Bimotas reached this sort of audience......HeyHo........

Description updated with more info.....Reserve met so she will be going....unless I bid on my own bike that is.........doubting my own intentions...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132514345983?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: