Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota stand pins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Hi 2bims, are the pics your idea of 'stove -enamel' Laughing

Laughing

Katy
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Howdo Paul....yes indeed...very apt.....Have you put in for a "private display" at the Mcr Bike show yet?.....I'm geared up for taking 2 2-strokes down for the weekend and snaking in to the event under the guise of the "UK 2-strokes forum" as at present....So should hopefully have the odd spare ticket if you fancy a walk about one of the 2 days........

Hi Steve, yes I have put in for a private entry at MCR Bike Show. going to have a dummy run to try loading it into my van soon, but knees very dodgy at the moment. May be asking for your assistance with it at the show!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way I'm fine with Paul....assisting with loading or just driving and wandering around the place.......Which bike would you be favouring to take down?...900ss for the DucatiOwnersClub Stand....or a Bim for the private entry stand? Do you have any of the packing crate stands for your bims? If not I could lend you a through axle stand....there a lot more stable in the back of a van than on a sidestand....or even one with "pins" to fit the concentrics like on the DB1.......
Oh...I'll be needing my alloy bar concentric adjusters back sometime to adjust DB2 chain....and also the chinky Chinese Chain splitter in red box (methinks I spied that still on your kitchen workstop recently)...as I'm fitting a new chain to my sons DT125R....been a year now since I got it...fresh 2nd Mot this week and only a further 300Kms "test riding" since I bought it....teehee...so fair to say its running right
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...youre missing another YB on your bike list also....behind in your housekeeping.....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youre after any help to either Optimate up your YB8??/...or put the clothes back on the DB1 or other such...you only have to shout...or a mild whimper...and I'd be round to assist.........
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, your help is always greatly appreciated. Likely to be taking the DB1 and I do have the original crate stands for all my Bimotas.
Your chain splitter and concentric tool are safe.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Thought so......BimotaClassicParts have the original packing stands and long rods which have a circular stop plate welded on one end...and a 4mm dia drilled hole on the other end to accept a 3.85mm dia R clip......I know though that packing crate stands differed between bikes on length/width......and doubt that Paulo would sell the rods on their own so get one made up....all you need is a length of steel solid rod of 12mm dia to go through the drilled holes which on my stands are 13mm dia (again check hole size of holed spindle on your bike....)....DIY stores in UK sell lengths of steel rod of various diameter....or even threaded rods......put a nut on one end...and drill for an R clip on the other...my "rod"...if you excuse me....is 41cms long...with the drilled hole at 40.0 cms....from inside of round welded end stop to centre of hole........................Darn it......I've just gone and burnt my croissants in the oven....that'll teach me to try and multi-task early in the morning.......

Steve, sorry about your croissants. Hope my question did not cause too much disruption in your morning routine Rolling Eyes Wink

I measured the openings on the stand loops and the opening at the bike rear hub - 13mm as you pointed out. I tried to upload picture of the stand but with the photobucket no longer an option, the best I can do is google photo link:

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipN0DRFQj_Ppu4EhHR2LxI2eDjklyttdXGoCL58g

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipOt2EguBNumIDNTSbKITePuubStkJkJrEMuyZCh

As you can see, the stand is quite crusty and needs some TLC. It didn't come originally with the Dieci, got it almost by chance. I'll price out powder coating, but not really planning to use it on the paved surface now that I got the Bimota mat Laughing
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries...I still ate the croissants....although crusty like your stand....shattered upon impact with gnashers...but eaten anyhoos....

Grit blasting by either a powder coater or stove enameller will clear up most crust to like new....powder coating may be more foregiving as they can layer it thicker when spraying and fill in any pock marks leaving the final surfaces flat...and normally colour choices are many also.....Here in the UK they wouldn't charge more than say £30-40 all in for grit blasting and powder coating in complete one stop shop...I've had amazing results from powder coaters
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. If you are ever in sunny So Cal, croissants are on me
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoke to a powder coating company, initial estimate based on my description of the stand is $120 in black. Red will be more. Will be dropping off the stand to them this week. The stand would look cool with my Bimota mat and the soft surface will prevent it from chipping. I have already posted the "before" pics, will post "after" once its done...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much??????????????????????????????.......I take it you've never had anything powder coated before....and yup....I isn't in America....but powder coaters in the UK are famed for "having your pants down" if you are a newbie....in the UK that would be £40 TOPS!!!!!!!...and that would be for a special colour that would be lacquered.

To give you an indication when I had the Ducati 900ss pup done....when I went down to my usual gaff...there was a bloke there, well dressed and smart car......with a pair of clip-ons...and he said "how much?"....filthy powder coater bloke said £45 seem OK?...he stammered and said...Oh yes...fine

I had the trellis frame on the 900ss shot blasted, baked, emery cloth rubbed down, washed, coated and then baked...all in white...the clip ons and headlight frame done in black and the 2 No. crankcases...which were acid dipped first to stop damage to the faces...and the 4 no valve colours done in special silver...the 2 No. wheels masked off and coated white...and the spring done in yellow...Total cost...and that was 3 separate colours...£130......
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims, I'll never argue against a lower price. One must realize that in Kommiefornia, any business that deals with applying chemicals (body shops, powder coating, etc, etc) is very tightly regulated. It's to the point so that I don't think there are any auto chrome plating business left in the Los Angeles area. Maybe in Arizona or Nevada this same operation would cost half as much.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeh....I was forgetting where you reside......I have to say a lot of places here in the UK have closed down...but for a different reason....being a teeny tiny country the businesses occupied large spaces where the land became more valuable than the business....and the owners of the land cashed in and sold to supermarket chains in one case....or house builders in another case...I used to have the choice of 5 places...but its down to just one locally now.....I have to say...the Health and Safety side and emissions is still largely ignored in the workplace in these areas.....Its not a job I'd do...the operatives look like a negative version of a panda....white eyes from goggles and black everywhere else
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeh....I was forgetting where you reside......I have to say a lot of places here in the UK have closed down...but for a different reason....being a teeny tiny country the businesses occupied large spaces where the land became more valuable than the business....and the owners of the land cashed in and sold to supermarket chains in one case....or house builders in another case...I used to have the choice of 5 places...but its down to just one locally now.....I have to say...the Health and Safety side and emissions is still largely ignored in the workplace in these areas.....Its not a job I'd do...the operatives look like a negative version of a panda....white eyes from goggles and black everywhere else
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: