Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB8E photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MWR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: YB8E photos Reply with quote

can anyone help with pics / measurements of a YB8E petrol tank, need to make one as I cant find one world wide?
replies;
murraywestracing@gmail.com
Very Happy
RZ390
RS250 GP HONDA
DUCATI749R
APRILLIA SL ALUMININO
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Are the other YB tanks the same? I presume YB6 / 8 / 10 tanks are the same but not certain

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
Hiya

Are the other YB tanks the same? I presume YB6 / 8 / 10 tanks are the same but not certain

Katy

Always the 64 million dollar question with Bimotas.....did they use the same???///

The YB8E was fuel injection...so no big bank of carbs...so maybe tank different.......

Bimota never seemed to learn the lesson "if it aint broke don't fix it".....Bimota DB5, Db6 and Tesi 3D all shared the same rear swinging arm and engine and under seat exhausts....and rear shock mounting...yet the exhaust systems are all different...headers, link pipes, end cans...not one bit will swap over from one bike to the next.....Chain sliders and rear brake caliper holders.....again...same on all 3 models as same swing arm???...Nope..it all depended what wheels were fitted...different diameter spindles on all...different chain sliders on all...and caliper hanging brackets also.....No wonder the bikes were dear....each model was a full re-engineer and design...only minimal bolt on parts that were bought off the shelf interchange....petrol cap...but not on DB6...different....Koso clocks about the only shared item...other than DUcati supplied stuff that came with the engine
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YB8E (Evolution) uses carbs, it is the Furano which is fuel injected. Looking at the parts lists, they all have different part numbers, 50XX 720 010 where XX denotes the model type eg 5007 (YB6 Exup), 5009 (YB8), 5014 (Furano). In the YB8 Evo list the original part number (same as YB8) has been crossed out and a handwritten one substituted, unfortunately you cannot really make out the type digits!
The diagram of the tanks indicates they look similar but may I suspect vary in respect of plumbing, especially the Furano.
Parts catalogues available to view online if you sign up to Bimota Classic Parts.
Not much help I know but maybe somebody else can chip in.
Andrew034

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look in the Bimota bible, the pictures there suggest the Furano and YB8E have identical bodywork with different graphics.

Looking at the other YB8 models in the bible, they all appear to share rear (tank) bodywork but the front fairings do change between models.

The YB6 has different bodywork at both ends.

As all YB8 models share the same frame it is likely that all bodywork will fit all variants.

As to plumbing the fuel tank, my Furano does not appear to have a special fuel tank. Even the fuel tap is still present on the Furano (though it is useless since there is no tap on the pressure return line). Actually I don't have a feel for the tank plumbing as the FZR1000 featured an electric reserve and Bimota fitted this to some of their bikes too.

Maybe somebody that has a YB8 and and YB8E will solve this.

Andrew...
who

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furano should have an internal injection pump, so will be different, If the E is carbed, YB-6 exup through to 10 will fit. There may be some differences in fuel cocks-taps-reserve set up from model to model.

YB4-6 genesis are different as the fuel tank overlaps the airbox, and so wont work unless you have the set, and even then you may need exup carb rubbers. I've got YB8 tanks here, I will take some photos tomorrow. I can trace out the basic shape 3 axis to paper, and mail it to you if that helps?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: