Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Another Grand Day out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glened

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, thanks for posting pictures of the wheels for every one to see, I will try again with this "photo bucket" thing. I did not know I was meeting up with David Bailey !! You have managed to do more than most of my mates have.. capture me on a photo,,,, I avoid them like the plague. Have you been talking to my doctor? I was assured that the "Nutter" in me was under control with the right medication, not sure why it was a suppository? Nice to meet up and thanks for the ride on your Bimota, she was lovely, not sure about he slipper clutch though, possibly an acquired taste. It was nice to get on the baby bim for the ride home. The traffic was very heavy on the A49 and I had to let the nutter do his thing.. all good fun. Don't forget Wednesday night if you fancy a run down.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Glen and apologies....I am known for "covert" taking of photos......always have been...dont do piccies of meself either and only take covert ones....so much better than staged photos....thought you faired well in the shot with the old relics around you...... Laughing

Cheers for the Db10 ride also.....and the acquired taste of a slipper clutch?....some 4 years now and still havent taken to it...suppose its nice to have in that one occassion you really get it wrong...but the subdued launches without it popping....and the much reduced element of engine braking takes some getting used to.......at our separation point I came across a couple of guys on matching TZR250's that tried their best...a bike I've always liked...but now realise that they dont quite match up with todays machinery....even the lowly powered DB5 engines munch them up for breakfast.....so at least I've ticked that box of "nice bike" but not for me anymore
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB2 back on the road and pretty much fully test bedded any issues out after a full strip and rebuild.....and took the oppurtunity to pop over to Rivington Barn as another Bimota owner was due to be down there also other than just me....so a rare opportunity not to be missed....a couple of Bimota bores together....

And a nice Z900 down there also........

Good to meet up with you Andy G.....now you just have to get your Tesi1D back on the road and get that up there also before the SUmmers out.......
brian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB2 looks great Steve! Any more to add to the rebuild thread?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Brian...and Nah.....nothing more to add to the resto thread...I did update it complete with fully clothed pictures etc etc...and Jack NoBody and all his mates commentated after that....hence I considered I must have reached overload with dem folks out there......Still have a couple of "low head" allen bolts to replace on the fairing...as I was struggling to find 55mm and 60mm lengths...but they've been located now...just awaiting the last few bolts to the footpeg rubbers, rear brake snail cam adjuster and the swivel eyelets on the gear change assembly....then all bolts will have been replaced with shiney new...a process that Mr DB4 is currently also undergoing...tends to always be the bridesmaid despite never letting me down and being Mr always faithful...so have treated her to a few bits and bolts also and am using it more regularly than previous.....
brian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ok, I'll have to have a look at your resto thread. I hadn't seen any unread posts in the thread so have not checked. Must have missed it some how. I've been a bit slack on forum of late Rolling Eyes
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant be arsed with a new thread....so piggybacking on an old one

Early Easter Sunday morning was wake the dead warming up the KDX on full choke....she likes to clear her lungs of a morning.....just rattled around the back streets and country lanes...and took her to see her previous owner to me.....to have words about his bodged maintenance...He was very impressed at the transformation....and wants to buy her back....reckoned I could ask £4K for it....I let him start it up to "whet" his appetite....then flew off leaving him a cloud of 2-stroke haze.....

Back home and perhaps the first trip out this year on a Bimota for me????...cant recall...weathers been so bad.....so up to Rivi and first try out of my new lid also....Which I'm very impressed with.....slight whistle from the top of the viser seal to the lid which goes if you push on it...wont fiddle with the adjustments yet until my new BLUE mirrored viser turns up...as that might cure it...The taller and wider aperture is a VAST improvement over the old XR1000 Shoei......just have to train my neck to not reach up so much when riding bikes with clip-ons...the real test will be o the DB2 which for me at least has the most stretched and low bar position of all.....15th April....Raven Big breakfast Meet Whitchurch

And the rest

Bunch of tiddler 125's that go up regularly...name the bikes

And just one of the 4 with lights.....none of the others even with a brake light...so must be daylight MOT's on them...I wonder of the one bike with a brake light is asked to bring up the rear all the time??

Theres one old boy in his 80's that turns up on a race BSA often....no lights....and not even a sidestand...has to always find a wall or tree to lean his bike against...that's commitment

CBX.....that Honda "monstered" into plain ugly by bolting a wheelie bin on the front seemingly

And seemingly a Winter clothed member of the SAS....strange some sights you see down there...

And more 2-strokes....bit early in the season...most stuff was just plain new out of the box or chromed up Harleys

MZ 2 stroke...the "deluxe Trophy" edition complete with cow catcher on the front...lovely old bloke in his 80's on it....2-stroke bottle in his pocket...running on pre-mix...maybe...just maybe before he dies....he can get his original purchase price out of it from when he bought it...
check out the 2 sided bar end indicators made from bacolite on it....Genius...works for front and rear views for other motorists but half the expense and wiring!!!!!....

Gamma gama....400

that's all folks...fingers crossed that I don't have to finish building my Ark...and a dove flies over carrying some form of twig in its beak....so so cold...and ruddy wet
RWG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post,
Cheers
Spongebob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only person venturing out down south is Noah. Should have saved me road tax money until next month. Crying or Very sad
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongebob wrote:
the only person venturing out down south is Noah. Should have saved me road tax money until next month. Crying or Very sad

Same up here....and still cold....was going to tax a couple this month...bu am just holding out instead....I wish they'd be more progressive re "occasional" rides/drives...in Germany you can go on-line and tax a bike for just a weekend....without having to cough up for a whole month...The govt should give it a try...maybe they'd see MORE revenue come in rather than less as they'd expect....Maybe even the tax dodgers who never tax their cars may do so for a weekend if theyre going away somewhere....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Bunch of tiddler 125's that go up regularly...name the bikes

3 TZR125 and an AR125. Looks like a late 1980s Ministock paddock Laughing

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the owners also recall the same paddock...as they are all in their fifties....couple of chicks riding them also.....no headlights...no mirrors nor indicators...just a concession of one bike with a rear light unit/brake light.....makes my KDX seem "complicated"....And yup...right on all 3 counts....but then you would be the person to be right with tiddler 2-strokes
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

We used to have a TZR125. If one turned up in blue with a fairing for reasonable money I would be tempted with another (but NOT looking at the moment!)

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another "Grand Day out"......some Afro Carribean American woman was marrying some German Decent Prince.....and 22 overpaid foreigners were kicking a leather ball around on a grass field....both televised throughout the world....so...as the sun was shining and the roads were EMPTY....and pubs full of drunks...it was off out into the Beautiful Peak District.......

A quick Stop at the Old Cheese Shop

Vincent Black Shadow and fellow friend Mr DB5R

Then off to the Village Green to watch the Koi Carp jumping at the flies dipping in the water

Be sure to take note of the "duck" resting beside the water......He makes an appearance later

Vincent Again....drawing quite a crowd (dubbed out)...and many inquisitive questions as a steed of 1948 vintage should do.....Not a looker or a single question asked of Mr DB5R...despite being rarer and produced in less numbers....So I grabbed my coat and had a lie down on the village green whilst all the Old English bike questions, foibles, myths etc were discussed in great detail

Then it was off the Old Hall Inn in Chinley to catch up with Mick...of the DB7 Oro Nero fame and a DBX...2 of the rarest Bimotas ever made...twas a sheer pleasure to meet up once again....Hope the Old Cock is still strutting his head and in fine fettle....and good to hear of your new steeds in the stables (2 wheels and 4 legs....)

Micks back drop pub car park and his view from his establishment....lovely country roads abound on his doorstep

And the Duck? What cameth of the duck?.....The Vincent owner chose it for his Main course and gobbled it up forthwith....yum yum...most delish.....I stuck with my staple "burger and chips"....

Thanks again Mick for you Hospitality and company...its always a pleasure and return favour owed once more.....Vincent man is still moaning.....feeling indebted......
morebhp

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea and a nice day for it - I remember doing the same on a Z650 when Chas and Di tied the knot!

I took the opportunity to Visit Malaga Bike show Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: