Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vdue / Craigs Honda at Shipley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Vdue / Craigs Honda at Shipley Reply with quote

I see craigs Honda at Shipley have a vdue injection on fleabay at 16.5K. Just wondering if anyone knows the bike or its history. Says its an injection, already uk registered with 700km on the clock but no details of whether the engine is sorted or whether its an original version and better used as an ornament as opposed to running with dodgy crank seals / poor oil passages and the like. Looks nice condition but with minimal description it may end up like the raceways / Fleetwood vdue and still be for sale 5 years later at 20K.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to say categorically without frame number info and contact with Piero Carroni .....Advert says it was imported from Italy in 1997....which was the first year of production...so unless its been back home...its likely never been touched or sorted.....defo fuel injected version....original electronic clocks and not the LED style....bodywork and sideslung shotgun end cans say all original....so wall/living room art really
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that was my thoughts and without taking the engine out and shipping it back to piero for a rebuild or replacement its only got collector status as per the raceways / Fleetwood one. I have emailed them to ask though and will post on here if they reply.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh they wont reply.....as it goes to some young boy who doesnt know his A from his E....I've tried several times pointing out listing errors with Bimotas they have....basically they like to show and list nice looking things...that tempt people in to their place...and then sell them a Honda...I only bothered to point out some issues with bims they have for sale coz if some poor sap ends up buying one....they invariably will end up on here moaning about Bimotas....so I try to cut the rubbish out early.......
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to honest I always appreciate your updates. At some point I will buy back into the Vdue club, it will bust and I will need your valuable advice as I am engineringly challenged and just ride, badly. Keep up the good work chief as its appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: