Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Cameras for bikes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil-short

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Cameras for bikes? Reply with quote

Last year Vort had a post about an accident and was looking for advice about a camera set up to record the rights and wrongs in the event of the worst case scenario on a spin. He asked about these

http://www.nortek.co.uk/bike-bro-dual-camera-motorcycle-dvr/

which seem perfect to do the job but they are now discontinued. Anybody know anything similar available.??

It is for my daughter who rides an electric assist pushbike and was clipped and knocked off today by a hit and run cage driver who I will find and I will......... Thankfully she is absolutely unhurt apart from being scared shitless and the bike is grand. But it could have been a different story and I will point that out to them when I find them.....

I know go pro and all are good but I would like something that can be wired in and always on when riding and front and rear view seems like such a good idea. Anybody got any recommendations? Most of what comes up on ebay etc are good little cameras and amazing for small money but you have to take them off to charge them from your pd and don't overwrite when sd card is full

I have a go pro myself but it is not fit for this purpose and whatever she gets I think I will also use on my own bike and bicydle so if anybody has any ideas?
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I never did get around to that camera, basically because I ain't really ridden since accident but that will change.

I did find these on ebay, think they are the same as the UK supplied ones but 1/3 the price from China. Just need to order one now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-bike-Sports-0-3MP-30fps-Dual-Lens-120-Wide-Angle-720p-HD-Video-DVR-/192489076896?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10
glened

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this of any use, but one of the guys that comes out on our extended trips ride a GS panzer. He had tried various cameras from drift to go pro’s, he now has adopted a system that has a central control unit and employs two remote camera’s front and rear, the camera head is very small and unobtrusive and once fitted you don’t have to remove like freestanding cameras. However I don’t know the size of the control unit, it activates as soon as you power the bike up and start recording. If this sounds like what your looking for, please let me know and I will endeavour to find out more. Pleased to hear she is ok
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glen, that is the sort I was looking at as think the freestanding ones are just never going to work.
Could you find out what he has/thinks, as that would be of great value
glened

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stuart,

This is the link for the camera I mentioned, however it appears that I misunderstood the spec, it has one camera front or rear and a central controller. Billy has fitted two cameras and two control units. He says the picture quality is very good but they are not cheap. The system activates the moment you power up the bike, he is very pleased with them and has no hesitation in recommending them.

https://www.mycrocamuk.co.uk/product/innovv-c5-motorcycle-hd-camera/

Regards Glen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: