Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Truly "bimota Chat"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackJabba

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck, Now I just need to find the money. Shocked
JackJabba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impeto production also to start.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPETO.......they could not build more than the 2015 show bike and it had NO ECU or software which worked!

Before I knew this....I placed my £12500 deposit and waited 10 months only to visit the factory to see that even the show IMPETO had been robbed of parts to finish other bikes.

Even the TESi Cafe racer had the side stand and exhaust ‘stolen’ to supply the customer bike and whatever

Really interested on who the CNC parts manufacturers are as I would like to get the handlebar clamps and I will have a couple Carbonfibre DB7-8-9 or 11 fuel tanks...if anyone knows who they are

Likewise in Feb 2018 the Swiss owners were telling their suppliers and parts outlets that Bimota were moving into production in another Rimini factory

The tip-top management pair from Swiss have said many things and not everything has gone to plan.............I was lied to repeatedly for almost a year

I got my monies back ...but mainly due to the honesty of Ben and Constantine of Moto Amore the UK based Bimota sales outlet

I have had more honest transactions from the parts suppliers and other Bimota dealers than I have from the actual factory (exception of MariaElena)

Expect nothing.....expect no back up ........expect no support

Regards

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
JackJabba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they emailed me the price for a Tesi and its 25000 Euro excluding VAT. They want 50% deposit.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin944888 wrote:
IMPETO.......they could not build more than the 2015 show bike and it had NO ECU or software which worked!

Before I knew this....I placed my £12500 deposit and waited 10 months only to visit the factory to see that even the show IMPETO had been robbed of parts to finish other bikes.

Even the TESi Cafe racer had the side stand and exhaust ‘stolen’ to supply the customer bike and whatever

Really interested on who the CNC parts manufacturers are as I would like to get the handlebar clamps and I will have a couple Carbonfibre DB7-8-9 or 11 fuel tanks...if anyone knows who they are

Likewise in Feb 2018 the Swiss owners were telling their suppliers and parts outlets that Bimota were moving into production in another Rimini factory

The tip-top management pair from Swiss have said many things and not everything has gone to plan.............I was lied to repeatedly for almost a year

I got my monies back ...but mainly due to the honesty of Ben and Constantine of Moto Amore the UK based Bimota sales outlet

I have had more honest transactions from the parts suppliers and other Bimota dealers than I have from the actual factory (exception of MariaElena)

Expect nothing.....expect no back up ........expect no support

Regards

Gavin

All valid and all true....and the "true Spirit of Bimota" in the way they have dealt with customers, clients, distributers and dealers over the last 10 years...For bodywork/tanks...have you tried Linea Moto in Italy...as I'm pretty certain they are the fellows that make Bimota bodywork for the company........
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TESI 3D for sale
DB8 for Sale and DB10 for sale
ALL VIA MOTO AMORE...something is stirring.

Not just the facebook members getting offered these things

ONE OF THE CONDITIONS..........Euro 3 only ...old engines as in (MY) perhaps?

I am not tempted .......YET!

BTW I still am looking for a DB9S.....??

regards

Gavin

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think my invitation must have dropped out of the Optic fibre...I'm sure I follow and like them but not seen owt....is it their website or facebook?...I know he had a DB11 and mule Tesi3D naked....but they were collected by Paolo of BCP, taken back to Italy and sold there....12 months ago he still had a DB10....but that was it.....On the Mcr stand he put a DB10, DB11 (both new) and the mule Tesi3D very 2nd hand.....and his 2 race bikes YB4 and BB3.....does he have a new tesi and DB8 still? As in the UK??
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims...........it is on their website.

I actually saw it on autotrader and they had placed an advert in the BIMOTA section stationg that these models wer now available

The advert was upside down.
regards
Gavin

2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upside down?...are they making them in oz??... Autotrader.... How quaint....did you rush to the newsagents on Thursday morning and break the bank with a 10p purchase to buy a copy????...how simple was life back in the days eh???
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" 2BIMS.........use the tintinette to search autotrader bikes and they are listed under that section.
No need to visit the newsagent or part with monies....I have just save you 60pence or what wver.

regards
Gavin

vort28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims/Gavin , you need to look down into the centre shelves of the newsagent more !!!! They stopped printing the autotrader about 8yrs ago !!!!!!

Wow they are old pictures !!!!! He has Glens DB10 and the fake DB5R in his old showroom !!!!!
All of which I believe have now gone.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which website are you picking the info/pictures from??? Bimota.uk.com or another? Glens DB10 was from DMC preston when they were the Only Bimota dealer in the UK....their last bike that they took a ridiculous offer on to get rid off because they were fed up with their "venture" and ordeal of being a Bimota dealer......It sat alongside Amore Motos DB10 at the Mcr show last year Vort...You losing more of your memory??? albeit granted there was a lot of bims that year and difficult to recall what was there and whos was whos....
mb_pfalz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had used the contact form via the bimota.it website
The Tesi Cafe Racer would really interest me.
I had a few questions, especially regarding after-sale and of course because of the purchase price

I received an answer from Valter Vodopivec by email
according to his Mail he deal to sales in / at bimota

"... The Bimota company doesn't close and is in business with the production of the latest Tesi 3D and Kit BB3.
For the Tesi RC right now I'm taking preorders, and in the next weeks I'll let you know the exact delivery date.
The price of the RC Thesis is € 33,000, excluding VAT and transport. ..."

33.000 - EXCITING - I can not really imagine that more than a few will be sold for the price (if anything - and if they are really built)
For the money I already get a Ducati PANIGALE V4 S Speciale - of course, quite different kind of motorcycle - but also a MADNESS machine

The Tesi CR would really interest me - but certainly not for the money under the current conditions - think of it alone on the clowning around the db6 and db8 - certainly not for 33K € ex VAT
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why they're so expensive, because there are so few there's no economy of scale and nobody wants to supply parts for manufacture.

That's why they're so few, because they cost so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: