Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 3D - Cambelt renewal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knolly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I've poked around a few places and have seen one or two people talk about not dropping the motor but a lot more people removing it so I wasn't quite sure. Good deal!
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: belts and braces Reply with quote

Hi

I'm in the middle of doing a belt change on my 1D. As I go along I " think " you can do it without taking the engine out. Having striped some of it I believe if you take the front wheel and front swing arm off the plate should - hopefully come off and the engine won't fall out as long as it is supported. I have taken photos from the start and have 42 so far. I am replacing the coolant lines and fuel lines with silicone ones as well. If you want a copy of the pictures thus far let me know and I'll see what I can do.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine its a little more difficult on a Tesi 1D....twin cams on each cylinder...bigger belt....either an 851 or 888 motor with 4 valves per head...
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: more belts and braces Reply with quote

well I managed to do it this afternoon. You can take the right hand side plate off with the engine still in place. probably took more off than I needed to but it's all a learning curve and I'll know for next time. You do need to take the front end off which was a bit of a pain but finally managed. I'm pretty sure taking the thing apart is a lot easier than putting it back together
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: more Reply with quote

Ok managed to get the RH frame plate off but found that the top trellis frame bit needs to be unbolted and will move enough out of the way to get the plates off. Finally
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Cam belt change is the main thing that scares me about a Tesi, so this is good to hear.

All the best

Katy
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: more belts Reply with quote

Well I finally got all the bits off I need. I have never worked on a Duke before so I'm not sure what tools I need. I have a Ducati workshop manual for the enginey stuff and have started collecting the tools I think I will need.

I will be replacing the coolant and fuel hoses with silicone, already have braided steel goodridge oil hoses fitted and will eventually replace the brake lines which are braided steel.

I have a ton of photos if anyone wants a copy

Hopefully get her done for the summer cant wait to get out on her again
shay001

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, there has been a lot of yes and no as to whether or not the Tesi belts can be changed with the engine in situ. I managed to remove the vertical cylinder cover, but the horizontal cover simply cannot be removed, sure the screws are all out but the cover simply does not have room to be slid out, so what are we looking at?
Taking frame plate off? What does that entail?

I can see why the previous owner never had the belts changed, six years on I think they certainly need it. If this bike cannot be as easily serviced as my other Ducatis and my DB1 there will be a lot of hard thinking to do.
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: belts Reply with quote

I did the belts on my 1D I only needed to remove the right hand frame plate and the font wheel and obviously the " forks " getting the old belts off and the new ones on were more hassle than getting to them Obviously there are other bits to remove but it was pretty straight forward just a pain.
The battery is a piece of cake to get to on mine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: