Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB10 Dieci
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: YB10 Dieci Reply with quote

THis bike was at Stafford for Sale....only bimota down there....cheap as chips quite ridiculous really

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-YB10-DIECI-SPORTS-CLASSIC/263618676276?hash=item3d60e5c634:g:P8QAAOSwGh5a2nmZ

An import from Japan...what with shipping, import tax and registration and service and MOT costs....they must be picking these up for buttons in Japan
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping and import costs would be £1500-£2000 even on a cheap bike. but are you saying this SOLD at Stafford (for what£??) and even with dealer's mark up is only £7k. A LOT of bike for the money for sure. Guess its just the spares that puts folk off (ie likely to be a write off in any significant crash)

These and YB11s are the 'cheap' Bims at the moment that's for sure. I keep an eye on Japan sites and certainly older Bim values are still holding up there as the generation of fat businessmen who bought them with inflated salaries drift into retirement!

Oddly enough CB1100R Hondas are I guess at least double the price in Japan as in Europe (and they are £8-£12k here for 'normal' bikes) so obviously VERY collectable in Japan...pity that their registration system m makes reverse imports almost impossible!
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth a wander over to have look Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Shipping and import costs would be £1500-£2000 even on a cheap bike. but are you saying this SOLD at Stafford (for what£??) and even with dealer's mark up is only £7k. A LOT of bike for the money for sure. Guess its just the spares that puts folk off (ie likely to be a write off in any significant crash)

These and YB11s are the 'cheap' Bims at the moment that's for sure. I keep an eye on Japan sites and certainly older Bim values are still holding up there as the generation of fat businessmen who bought them with inflated salaries drift into retirement!

Oddly enough CB1100R Hondas are I guess at least double the price in Japan as in Europe (and they are £8-£12k here for 'normal' bikes) so obviously VERY collectable in Japan...pity that their registration system m makes reverse imports almost impossible!

IT WAS AT Stafford fOR sALE.....not in an auction thus still for sale....Fastlane of Preston generally have a stand there each year to show bikes for sale....Parts....crash etc....yeh....but the same is true of any bike over ten years old now...as that's the limit by law that manufacturers have to supply parts for.....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Might be worth a wander over to have look Smile

THis was Katys comments....more proficient than most...and evidently an existing YB10 owner

"Overall nice condition. Carbon pipe. Japanese import hence kmh speedo. Front indicators not quite right (they are more flattened than the originals). Rear indicators non original. Rear mudguard cut down. Seat remade not brilliantly. But bodywork looks generally good, forks look good, not too much play in the disks, still got the original master cylinders and lacquer starting to crack on the front wheel.

Probably a reasonable buy. "

If you were running over to Preston....you might as well go to this dealer based there also...has a few Bims

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-DB4-5348-MILES-STUNNING-EXAMPLE/232725097610?hash=item362f7f2c8a:g:488AAOSw8d5ZTGxA

If you fancy having a shoot over tomorrow or friday....give me a shout
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the conversion from british quids to us buckaroos, the Dieci comes in at $9761.17 In light of Katy's description of the bike, this would be quite a top dollar price in the US.

Japanese hardware is going for premium $$. Ducati has the strongest resale of any Italian brand on the US market. They are now considered very reliable, while MV and Aprilia are not.

When it comes to the US market, brand recognition is what dictates the market. Bimota is known to a very narrow band of enthusiasts, hence its resale is all over the place.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
Ducati has the strongest resale of any Italian brand on the US market. They are now considered very reliable.

Ducati never sold 749's or 999's in the USA then? Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:

Japanese hardware is going for premium $$. Ducati has the strongest resale of any Italian brand on the US market. They are now considered very reliable, while MV and Aprilia are not.

When it comes to the US market, brand recognition is what dictates the market. Bimota is known to a very narrow band of enthusiasts, hence its resale is all over the place.

Ducati owners tend to have short memories and are very forgiving of their bikes....even dealers say"hey....its Italian...breaking down is part of the character...."...although to be fair....other than flakey rocker lobes...dodgy other bits etc etc...its all down to regular maintenance and servicing...whereas Jap and German lumps can invariably escape that but still work.

UK Market is a bit drenched with Bimotas at the moment...I think a lot of UK dealers found what they thought were very cheap Bimotas in Europe and Japan...and brought them over...but still havent sold them after 1, 2 or 3 years...8 years ago you were lucky to find 2 Bimotas on Ebay UK...as of today...there are 24...all at dealers...it seems more likely to sell a Bimota on the Forum than it does if its at a dealers....at least a Forum member may have turned a spanner on the bikes and be more honest about the condition...I think all Bimotas are "cheap"...compared to what they originally sold for...for over 30 years they were always the worlds Most expensive Production Motorcycles....but in recent times Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha and Ducati have all brought out V expensive models...and the fans are lapping them up...People just dont search for Bimota...always were and still are considered "elusive"...or for Rich Toffs only living off their parents wealth etc etc....evidently it couldn't be further from the truth nowadays....Still Bikings Best Kept Secret
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Japan have performance restrictions on bikes of this age ? I know 400 are speed restricted from 1988 onwards and later bikes had a gentleman's agreement between the factories over power output.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Didn't Japan have performance restrictions on bikes of this age ? I know 400 are speed restricted from 1988 onwards and later bikes had a gentleman's agreement between the factories over power output.

Yes, in theory. Speed limiter of 180kmh and power limits of 77hp. But there was also a 750 limit for domestic market bikes (hence some makers made bike outside Japan to import to the larger bikes back to Japan). Not sure if the performance restrictions applied to imported bikes.

All the best

Katy
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
Tirefriar wrote:
Ducati has the strongest resale of any Italian brand on the US market. They are now considered very reliable.

I should have said "regarded" instead of considered. 999 is the next up and coming model for investment. Very poorly received in the US solely based on its cosmetics, prices have already hit the lows and are on the upswing. The ratty ones are still the bargain level, but the clean ones get snapped up quickly even at higher prices.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Still Bikings Best Kept Secret

I agree. Cool
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
I should have said "regarded" instead of considered. 999 is the next up and coming model for investment. Very poorly received in the US solely based on its cosmetics, prices have already hit the lows and are on the upswing. The ratty ones are still the bargain level, but the clean ones get snapped up quickly even at higher prices.

While I wouldn't call them pretty, they do appeal to me. Because they look like they were engineered rather than styled. No single sided swinging arm to compromise the back end

All the best

Katy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
GeeKay wrote:
Tirefriar wrote:

You can a MotoGP fairing and seat kit for the 999 .... I think it was from QB
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Tirefriar wrote:
GeeKay wrote:
Tirefriar wrote:

You can a MotoGP fairing and seat kit for the 999 .... I think it was from QB

I like the style of the 999. Yeah, the majority hated Terblanche after the launch of the 999 (reminded me how everyone was p.o.'d at Chris Bangle for his BMW designs - which by the way were terrible), but I agree with Katy - it was a well engineered motorcycle. Thats why it hasn't gone away, and is in its resurgence stage.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: