Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Help DB8 won't fire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tassie v2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Help DB8 won't fire Reply with quote

I can usually work these issues out, but i'm stumped this time. My DB8 just cut out on me on a mountain pass close to dark and no phone , luckily it was right outside a cafe and ended up some where warm waiting for my missus to bring the van.
What it is doing,....turns over nicely but wont fire. The fuel pump doesnt prime, so i'm assuming it isn't getting fuel. I powered the fuel pump with a remote 12v power source and it still works. All the fuses are good. I bridged out the kick stand and no result. If anyone has a wiring diagram it may help too.
Damn , I have just started useing it again and really been enjoying .
tassie v2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIXED IT ! A mate mechanic suggested over the phone, to switch around the two relays on the right side , and bingo fuel pump fired. New it was something simple .

Any one changed belts on a DB7/8 ? Do you need to take the frame plate off or can you still get the covers out of there. I've done my 1098 a couple of times , just the Bimota looks much tighter.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seat unit off ...which is fairly easy.....dont yank it back as there is
the rear light cluster electrical connector hidden in the void which needs disconnecting...and yup again...RHS frame plate off as its too tight with the twin cams/belt cover removal etc etc.

Do you have the owners manual and workshop manual? Pretty sure I have both in electronic format that can be emailed
tassie v2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate , timing belt change made easier .
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tassie v2 wrote:
FIXED IT ! A mate mechanic suggested over the phone, to switch around the two relays on the right side , and bingo fuel pump fired. New it was something simple .

Any one changed belts on a DB7/8 ? Do you need to take the frame plate off or can you still get the covers out of there. I've done my 1098 a couple of times , just the Bimota looks much tighter.

I'll have to remember that about the relays, whats the other one for ??

On the belts , watch the thread inserts on the frame , I had 2 of mine wind out threadlocked to the screws . Strange size M10 but you can get 3 different pitches 1/1.25/1.5, think it was 1.25mm but can't remember now, same size as used on diesel injectors, that bit I can remember.
Lots of ancillaries to remove as hung off front cover, be carefull with ECU connector lock as very brittle.
mick

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to change the belts on my db7 without touching the frame, its tight but it can be done, thats probably because I never thought of removing the alloy frame pieces !
tassie v2

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relays are on the right side sitting as a pair . One is for the fuel pump and the other for the starter motor.

Would it be a safer bet to not take the frame off ? Tip with those bolt set ups is to tighten slightly first then undo .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: