Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

vDue regulator.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Tspirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: vDue regulator. Reply with quote

Hi all.

One question: do you know what regulator/rectificator does the VDue fit? And do you know how to test it? Mine doesn't charge the battery.

Thank you!
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had 2 on my bike go now, first time I replaced with like for like from Piero , this time I got a new one, thick moffet one, think its a Ducati st2. (not fitted my new one yet.
Helmers

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: vDue regulator. Reply with quote

2Tspirit wrote:
Hi all.

One question: do you know what regulator/rectificator does the VDue fit? And do you know how to test it? Mine doesn't charge the battery.

Thank you!

I think the regulator is Ducati ST2!
Helmers

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: vDue regulator. Reply with quote

2Tspirit wrote:
Hi all.

Thank you!

I think the regulator is Ducati ST2!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a Ducati item and one for an ST2....I've bought from Electrex in the past to replace Ducati units.....and they have been more reliable

I see that they use Mosfet electronics in their units also

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/RR50.html#SID=439
steff_dk

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Ive had 2 on my bike go now, first time I replaced with like for like from Piero , this time I got a new one, thick moffet one, think its a Ducati st2. (not fitted my new one yet.

I had a look in the manual and noticed is says connecting a battery charger can damage the regulator. Not sure if that could be a contributor ...
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah 2bims, thats the one I got, just got to fit it now.

Not seen that before steff, thanks for the heads up although don't tend to charge batteries on bikes or use trickle charges as they kill batteries also.

Did notice that the new one does say not to use with Lithium batteries !! So maybe that helped my previous ones demise as my vdue runs a lithium battery, or maybe its something particular to electrex mosfet ones????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: