Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Let the good times roll
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Let the good times roll Reply with quote

Got the Dieci back from Jett Tuning: http://www.jetttuning.com They went through the bike quite thoroughly, and boy am i happy I had them look at the bike. I should have done this a year ago. Shocked Carbs were not in the best of shape, needed fork seals, coolant flushed and system tested, oil and filter changed, new battery and they cleaned my fuse box. It runs like a champ. Special thanks to John and Pete.

I do have to say the shop approved my fuel filter and plumbing so again, thanks to all those that chimed in with advise and pictures!

Planning to spend the weekend cleaning and buttoning up the fairings. The reward should be the Sunday morning ride.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Carbs on and off is the painful bit! Fork seals I have avoided thouching myself.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G G has asked me to post up this picture of his wonderful YB10 Dieci

Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting the pic Steve! sorry but the method of posting pics here is the only gripe I have with the forum.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Dogs//.....Not likey New Tricks

Open an imgur account on imgur.com its free to open one.......Then when you've opened one......Click on the green Box top left "New Post" and it will let you browse for new pictures on your computer......so click "browse".....then click on a picture in a folder on your computer you want to upload.......you can upload multiple pictures at a time by holding down your Control button and clicking each picture....a tick will appear on each one and highlight in blue.....then bottom right....click "open"....and the pictures upload to your online storage on Imgur....when they are uploaded (each picture has a % of upload until 100% is reached)....then click onto your log on name you've chosen to name your account...say Tirefriar.....and click on "images"...and all your loaded images appear....click on the picture you want to upload and all the upload links come up on the RHS.....go to the bottom and select "large thumbnail"...that will autosize your picture for the forum site and on the "BBC code (message boards and Forums)...click on copy......then go to an open thread of the message you want to post on the forum....under a new window, keeping both windows open...simply right click and choose "paste"....then write words or go back to IMGUR and right click on side of photo and it takes you to the next photo in your imgur account and repeat and repeat....then click on "Submit" on your Bimota Forum post....and job done
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, thanks for the explanation, will have to give it a go.

Took the bike out today and it was great. Rode up to the Rockstore, got a lot of thumbs up. BTW, got to ride my friend's F4 as well. I should have called today Tamburini Day... However, maybe I shouldn't have done that on the same day i rode the Dieci, really made me feel the YB10's true age.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are on the shake down run through Malibu canyons. Knock on wood, all went well. Ready for the show next weekend....

https://highwayphotos.smugmug.com/Sun-42918-Cycles-After-100/i-kDT3MMb/A
2004 BMW R11S BCR
pkay

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome - I want one!
fish

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres one in Brisbane for $19900
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a much cheaper alternative in the US:

http://raresportbikesforsale.com/featured-listing-1991-bimota-yb10-dieci-for-sale/

Better cosmetic condition than mine, cannot speak for mechanicals. Former Bimota Spirit bike, same as mine...
2004 BMW R11S BCR

Last edited by Tirefriar on Tue May 08, 2018 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
pkay

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish wrote:
Theres one in Brisbane for $19900

Yes an interesting ad that one......
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: I like mine Reply with quote

Must admit I do like mine. It's got just under 700 miles before the book says the valve clearances should be done and I have to be honest I am not looking forward to that. I am in the middle of a TESI 1d service and boy you got to love Bimota's. Never was much of a Yamaha fan but it is such a lovely forgivable bike to ride with loads of grunt. And it looks nice. Those white wheels and hell to keep white though.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not riding it for about 2 years made me forget how cool this bike feels. Its just about right on everything, the height, speed, handling and sound. Its not a modern bike by any means but a perfect time machine to take you back to the nostalgic moments of the past...

the trick to keeping white wheels clean is to clean them after each ride. its a pain, but i love the white wheel centers contrasting with polished rim.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: white wheels Reply with quote

Yea problem with the outer rim is mine are a bit pitted and I'm wondering wither I should try and polish them up or paint the all white.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They are laquered as standard I think.

The laquer is coming off mine though.

Not sure how to refinish them (or how to support the bike while the wheels are out for a noticeable time)

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: