Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota DB5R Borsalino Wanted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Bimota DB5R Borsalino Wanted Reply with quote

A long long shot.....AND....contrary to Bimotas "new Bible".....there are actually 2 No. DB5 Borsalino bikes that Bimota made (Bible says 1 No.....But also says theres a DB6 Borsalino also...never seen shots of that..)

Borsalino was an Italian felt Fedora Hat maker that commissioned the bikes...to sit in their shop windows....but the company went Bump a few years back.

I know where the "standard" DB5 Borsalino is...nice enough as it also has Ohlins and is a dry clutch model and presumably fibreglass bodywork....

I am looking for the DB5R version with carbon bodywork....Wet clutch...carbon airbox...in the broad weave and carbon pieces exposed in the painted bodywork...and Ohlins Front and rear and a few other tweaks.....THis could be a task deeper and harder than Gavs one to find a DB9S.....

"standard" DB5 Borsalino....note silver engine and dry clutch cover

This though is the puppy I am looking for if anyone can assist? Essentially the same as the normal "R" model.....full ohlins...full carbon bodywork...discreet "R" on the front nose cone....carbon flashes here and there and carbon airbox...darker grey engine casings rather than the light grey....and broad weave carbon cambelt covers...

I think if I could find and acquire...I could effectively declare my Bimota hunting days are over...and be content with what I have .....
pkay

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if I could find and acquire...I could effectively declare my Bimota hunting days are over...and be content with what I have .....

Who are you trying to convince??????? Rolling Eyes
pkay

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsenic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm must be really hard to find, maybe ask Bimota, they probably know the first buyer by looking on their database ? Maybe they'll be kind enough to share that kind of informations... who knows ?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkay wrote:

Gone are the days of trying to convince others...I'm more than content enough if I can convince myself....yeh sure...a Tesi3D would be nice...but i even turned down a cheap one a few years back...something always holds me back...perhaps its maintenance....setting it up...knowledge...spare parts availability...never narrowed it down to one item....Of course a DBX crosser would be nice....and I have my eyes on a new one that's for sale....and a used one...that is currently Not For Sale....which is 20% of the total 10 that they made......I have no hope that they will rise again like a Phoenix from the flames...so no new models to tempt me

Owners were I presume the Borsalino Family that had Bimota commissioned to make the bikes....I know where one is...but the other???...The carbon bodied one???...Nope...tucked away in a deep dark wine cellar in some catacombs in deepest Italy no doubt

Last edited by 2bims on Fri May 04, 2018 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsenic wrote:
hmmm must be really hard to find, maybe ask Bimota, they probably know the first buyer by looking on their database ? Maybe they'll be kind enough to share that kind of informations... who knows ?

Oh...if only I had 10% of your optimism and belief.......After over 8 years....Bimota have singularly failed to ever answer any of my emails, messages, letters...or coded inscriptions in olives placed and delivered on a thin base pizza delivered to the factory.....

Never after anything specifically...other than technical stuff, manuals, spares etc (and to pay for them)....asked for Sales leaflets to hand out at the shows we did each year for 5 years to promote the brand...Nothing...not a jot ..not one iota....yet present and past owners possibly still scratch their heads as to "why have we failed as a company???".....
arsenic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know 2bims, they are actually reaching me by Facebook AND mail... so they have changed in their politics, maybe...

Try to reach Valter, maybe he’ll answer you !
Do you want me to give you his contact info ?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...they do seem to have perhaps woken up to the 21st century and technology...facebook etc...perhaps now they'll start to read the bad feedback they get re lack of dealers, warranty issues etc etc....For me though....they have to personally invite me to a factory, with workers in it...showing bikes actually being built, before I believe anything they have to say about being "back".....And I still wouldn't give them one single penny until a bike was delivered...via a dealer....that was backed up by the factory...with a warranty and proof that they have the financial liquidity to keep going and supplying spares...sorting out ECU issues etc etc....They've burnt the fingers of many an owner and Dealer over the years that no-one in the UK trusts them now...or has ever done so for the last 15 years....its some bad record to try and overcome.....the previous UK Bimota dealer prior to the current one is still awaiting Software programmes for Athena ECU's fitted to Bimotas that has never been provided...and they are still awaiting payment for Warranty work they carried out on bikes they sold....Not a gripe on my side...its just the facts....Have they repaid BMW for the engines they made for them? Alstare the race team that ran in WSB for them???...the list is endless...yet some spares and new bikes seem to appear at BCP.......Hhmmmm....If I was a creditor I wouldn't be happy and wouldn't go near them again........
Gavca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims, did you ever find the bike? Or has it vanished completely?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where one of them is...but thats not for sale...the other one? With carbon bodywork and Oz racing wheels? Nope....

Apparently the owner of the Borsalino Hat company that commissioned and presumably bought the bikes had been embezzling from the company and left it bankrupt owing millions...so maybe he's living in Rio with his Bimotas???..As I heard there was a warrant for hi arrest out in Italy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where one of them is...but thats not for sale...the other one? With carbon bodywork and Oz racing wheels? Nope....

Apparently the owner of the Borsalino Hat company that commissioned and presumably bought the bikes had been embezzling from the company and left it bankrupt owing millions...so maybe he's living in Rio with his Bimotas???..As I heard there was a warrant for hi arrest out in Italy
Gavca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that the one "not for sale" wasn't indeed that unobtainable at the end. Great find and add to the collection!
Keep the rubber side down and enjoy the roads with this beauty!
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gavca….yes indeed...persistence paid off in the end....
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, was the other Borsalino with carbon bodywork and wet clutch actually the DB6 Borsalino?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that the "concept" pictures....just one with one close up on Motorcycle specs was an artists rendition prior to a build of just 1 of 1.....But it is Bimota we are talking about here......L'oro Del Bimota...The latest Bible penned by Messrr Guiseppi Morri mentions just 1 of 1 DB5 Borsalino.....and the paperwork that came with the bike references this also....together with the DB6 version that was also sold at the time to the same person...….And then theres the video clip taken at the factory with the 2 Borsalino bikes in the factory after their return from the various trips to Harrods also...and in that youtube clip of the factory in English they reference just the one of one also of each model
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: