Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

EF 10 vs EF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray916MN

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: EF 10 vs EF Reply with quote

What's the difference? Was there some variation in spec or build over the course of Editione Finale production? What is the significance of "10"?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piero Coroni's own Vdue website makes no mention of EF10....EF is Italian for Edition Finale.....Essentially under Bimotas ownership...there was only one vdue....the fuel injected catastrophe that ended the company....and when Pierro took over the name Bimota SpA and the vdue stock...he re-engineered several times.....

http://www.vdue.it/
dingbat

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. When I went to Italy in 2013 and came away the proud owner of shiny new VDue I think that the website at the time made mention of an EF 08 model. At the time I seem to remember the website was a very small one with a few identifier photos on it. I havent looked at it in years but its now very slick and modern looking compared to the old one.My bike was apparently one of the last and these last bikes were given the EF 10 name at the time - not sure 100% what that meant but I believe it was it was because as of 2010 there was no more major development of the bikes. As 2 Bims mentions there was only ever one V Due. Early crankcases I believe were scrapped and replaced with the better ones after the buyout and subsequent further development by Piero. At the time in late 2013 we had a laugh on here about "The last One" because I think a few "Last Ones" appeared after that.It had all mods done as standard as in the total compliment of engine mods mapping set up for the Jolly pipes and the dedicated carburettor barrels rather than FI ones with the injector holes plugged. still I did hear tell of upgraded crankcases which solved the seal seepage issues which had been encountered previously. Saw a fair few new engines in bags there at the time. Of course someone may know the full story. But I suspect we will never know for sure. It was a few years and ago with some good memories attached. Whatever happened mine does what it says on the tin. Not perfect by any means but if you are a two stroke person its still some of the best fun you can have with your clothes on. Comes with 2 stroke smell and one of the best engine sounds there is as standard ! Very Happy
Ray916MN

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: