Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB7 turn signal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pmorin1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: YB7 turn signal Reply with quote

I am in need of a rear turn signal for the YB7. Are they interchangeable with any Yamaha bikes?
Thanks.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they look like the indicators part way down this thread? Early indicators used by Bimota on their bikes....made of plastic....most have decayed and become brittle and snap on their arms purely from wind resistance from riding....So I would find it unusual if you had originals on the back of the bike??

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1676&sid=f3c0c6a13d9bf2bb10f9dbd0ce6a473f
Pmorin1

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: YB7 turn signal Reply with quote

Yessir the short ones are the ones on my bike.[/img][/url]
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....we know where we are then....as the DB1 used the same indicators and other YB bikes also...as there were also "long" ones with the same indicator lens etc....

Sorry to say...No longer available...ANYWHERE in the world....and no one...in the 9 years I've been looking....has ever found any other brand of motorcycle that used the same indicators....and theres no numbers or parts manufacturer name on the bodies of the indicators....I have 2 long broken ones without lenses.....and have been searching for 8 years.....

Dont let me stop you trying to find the right ones.....but i know for a fact that no-one on here has ever found any other bike...in the world....that used those indicators....(other than Bimota...)

the last person that had New Old stock (so fragile due to age) was LoudBikeSteve in Canada...but he sold all a few years ago...at $50 each....ouch.......
Pmorin1

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: YB7 turn signal Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch 2bims. I kind of figured as much as I have looked everywhere myself. The epoxy will do for now but I'm going to ask my fairing repair guy if he can repair professionally. On one hand it's great news that these bikes are that rare but on the other hand no replacement parts. How about seat pads? Are they available because mine are well....old!!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even bought 3 No. part indicators once...2 long...and one short...but missing the orange reflectors...in the hope some orange bits would show up...I've since sold the short one to someone in need who had a broken one but had the reflector....so now I'm down to 2 long ones without the orange faces.

I think Bimota classic Parts sell the rubber neoprene seat pads...yup...they perish...and the back bump stop too....but you can buy the rubber neoprene sheets anywhere...its what all racers use on their bikes....but you would still need to cut to size and glue in place

Available in various thicknesses and sheet sizes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=neoprene+rubber+self-adhesive+sheet
Pmorin1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: YB7 turn signal Reply with quote

Thanks much 2bims. A day late and a dollar short as usual. Glad someone got your short signal housing. I just wish it was me. haha
Thanks for all of your help and if you run across one of the buggers
let me know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: