Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Lights out..............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is your bike upside down? Is that the only way it works?...Or is that why the Art Gallery failed.....coz youre crap at hanging pictures up the right way??
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an Australian coast scene Very Happy
Bud977

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. I like your testing procedures.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
Hiya
Silly question I know, but do you have a wiring diagram you can post?
All the best
Katy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Bimota manual dosent have a wiring diagram it shows a stylized drawing of the loom but not wiring colours.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

What was the problem in the end?

All the best

Katy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the switches, believe it or not.
I connected a live directly from the battery to the rear brake lamp switch and another wire from the brake lamp switch to the rear light unit, using the previously attached earth wire that also ran direct from the battery, By doing this, I was eradicating the use of any of the loom wiring. Depressed the rear brake pedal and.............nothing. Repeated several times - still nothing.
So I removed the front brake switch unit, attached with possibly the worlds tiniest nuts and bolts, and connected the direct live to one terminal and the direct feed to the rear lamp to the other terminal and..............nothing!
At least I had consistency in my results Very Happy
Flicking the micro switch on the front brake switch, I suddenly got a flash of red light from the tail lamp. So I removed the wiring, sprayed the switch with electrical cleaner, operated it several times and then re-connected the wires and.............BINGO!!!! An operable brake light at last. Attached the loom wires and still working, so re-assembled the bike and booked it in for an MOT.
I will have to source another rear brake switch (it's a hydraulic switch plumbed into the rear brake line) but for testing purposes, the front should suffice.
I still don't understand, however, how 11.3 volts kept being recorded at the feed wire end if neither of the switches were working correctly....................
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Suspect it was getting power but with massive resistance from the dirty connection. Are they are standard microswitch? If so Maplins used to keep them (used them on an Aprilia AF1).

Rear hydraulic switches are standard on some Italian bikes. Aprilia RS125 might be the easiest source.

All the best

Katy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Katy

yes - the same switch as Cagiva Mito etc. Steve tells me that Maplins have gone under?
Will check out the RS125 rear brake switch for compatibility.

Your explanation about the recorded voltage makes no sense to me at all, therefore it must be correct Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same switches (hydraulic) banjo line fittings used on Ducatis....750/900SS....748/916 etc etc.....Ducati dealers used to stock them...but dont use them on the rear new style brembo masters anymore.....
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

yes - the same switch as Cagiva Mito etc. Steve tells me that Maplins have gone under?

They have, but some are still selling off stock. But might be easiest to get some from RS Components or the like

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: