Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tyre Pressures - DB5/6/7/8/9/10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Tyre Pressures - DB5/6/7/8/9/10 Reply with quote

What tyre pressures are being used by everyone? Evidently subject to personal choice of tyres and Loads carried.....Bimotas Own Handbooks state the following:-

DB5 - 2.2/2.4 Bar Fr and Rear - 32 and 35psi
DB6 - 2.2/2.4 Bar Fr and Rear - 32 and 35psi
DB7 - 2.3 Bar Fr and Rear - 34 Psi for both Fr and Rear!!!

Was Bimota "trying" to address the Harsh stiff suspension set up of Marzocchi fronts and ExtremeTec rear suspension units? Or am I trying to credit them far too much

Norm for me has always been 36psi Fr and 38/40Rear......Think I'll try the 32/35 on the DB6R today.....after an initial run out on the now fully softened up suspension that is....to assess that change first
mick

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Tyre pressures Reply with quote

for road use I always go 32 front 34 rear.
I removed the extreme tech rear shock from my db7 although it had only done 600 miles !! it had a problem and I didn't want to spend any more time or money on it, purchased TTX Ohlins expensive but no regrets.
Fitted Matris front and rear on my DB6 didn't need it for road use but Hey Ho !
Next time you take your DB6 tank off just remove the two over flow nipples leave the bracket alone easy peasy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo.....lower pressures than I've run before....But...they are in-line with the Owners Manual...Cheers Mick.....

Top tip on the Tank removal....I suppose with it being a threaded metal "insert" glued into the plastic tank...I was using the "if it aint broke dont fix it scenario"....but now that I think about it...both of the drains are for the filler cap...one for overflow of fuel if you overfill...and the other drains rainwater from around the filler cap....so it aint a problem if you take them off and they dont quite seal properly later...as they aren't actually feeding into the tank so to speak.....as there will be lines/hoses inside feeding up to the cap....Cheers

Do you still have the Matris unit you bought that didn't fit your Oro Nero? or did it go back...I have someone that would be interested that still has an extreme Tec on his Db7??

What you up to Sunday morning? Early weather reports say dry and warm but not painfully hot? Seeing as I only seem to get over once a year to yours....I might try and coax Glynn back again and actually go for a run with you....once the Horses are fed and cockerels had his dangly bit caressed....I would like a nice comfy "cruise" as opposed to your TT days racing against Ago though.....The only time I get my knee down nowadays is if I fall over.....the only other time was proposing marriage...and that didn't end well either.... Laughing
mick

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: tyre pressures Reply with quote

I sent the Matris back but rather than have a refund I exchanged it for one suitable for the DB6 !
Always happy to go for a ride out, steady cruise suits me fine and depending on what bike I'm on I tend to stick to quiet country lane's which is why I love my Db6.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your style Mick.....I'll give Glynn a Bell and see if he's available...probably on his Beemer GS Paris Dakar.....more suited for country roads...and at least it has an electric starter...will text/call you to confirm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: