Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Calling out DB7/8/9 owners

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Calling out DB7/8/9 owners Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this shock? My DB6R has an upgrade ExtremeTec rear on it (If any "extremeTec" shock could be considered an "upgrade")....top screw above spring for rebound damping...and then an allen key operated and hex nut also clicky thing at the bottom on the remote body....the spring has only one collar....for preload....which has a grub screw in one of the holes....But what do the two adjustments at the bottom do? They look the same as the twin High and low speed setting units that Bimota use on the DB7/8/9...extremeTec......

Inside the gold anodised lower ring on the remote body theres a silver outer clicky hex head adjuster....and an inner silver clicky allen headed adjuster.....What does what????....My owners manual and Workshop manual doesnt cover this shock....but it looks the same as the Db7/8/9 units....albeit theres just one of them whereas those bikes have 2 of each...HiSpeed and LoSpeed settings

\this top silver round adjuster at the top of the spring I'm fine with...its rebound damping force adjustment and 2 top hex nuts are ride height adjuster on the shock body...its the bottom 2 adjusters I have no idea about....they both have max in and out turnings...

I even asked Cat......she's been there some time looking at it...but is an non-plussed as meself

vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look on the extreme web site it looks like that could be a tech3 shock, and according to the download manuals that is actually a high/low speed adjuster in one !! It says inner=low , outer =high
Don't seem to have a bike download but here's a link to ATV one.

http://www.extremeshox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ATV-Quad-USER-MANUAL-V2018.pdf
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers vort.... Have ran bike again today....lot lot happier with it since ibacked off comp and rebound f and r to their softest settings....just need a bit more preload on the rear spring....Can't recall if i reset after vort and mrs vort took it to the tt....just how does a shock know if the bike is going fast or slow????.. The work of demons for sure...
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly looks to be the same shock...body and adjusters.....For a RUDDY QUAD bike....no wonder they are so firm....also explains the commentary in the handbook....where it says on flat smooth roads set them to soft and for "rough conditions" set them to Hard....Whereas for a road bike you've probably go the other way.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: