Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V-Due weight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mick

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: V-Due weight Reply with quote

Hi, has anybody weighed a V-Due, mine is a E.F not for road use.
The brochure quotes 145kg. which I doubt. I have just fitted BST carbon wheels which have saved a massive 7kg. and so I would be interested in its true weight ? Regards Mick.
BOFFER

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mine was a standard injection road bike and weighed in at circa 160KG with a bit of fuel in, new dunlops and all fluids present.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double

Last edited by 2bims on Thu May 24, 2018 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota always quote "dry weights"....the gearbox is only 0.90 of a litre....so 0.9 of a kilo there........the tank is supposed to be 4 gallons or 18 litres....so 18kgs there (fuel is slightly heavier than water)....Oil tank for premix is 2 litres so another 2 litres there....then the rad and overflow tank say another 2 litres..... = 24.9Kgs....away from 160Kgs = 135.1Kgs.....the standard efi always has 2 sound deadening canister under the seat unlike the Jolly moto pipes which are lighter thinner steel also...I'll bet another 5Kgs saved there....and then your change from standard Antera Anchor wheels...to BST carbon saves another 7Kgs....so dry weight now would be 123Kgs....Yipes....with somewhere from 125-135bhp at the back wheel...+ the magical 1BHP per Kg of unladen mass....the mythical god of power to weight ratio.........You can weigh a Vdue....using a block of wood the same thickness as bathroom scales and a flat garage floor....Scaffold planks are good....roll the entire bike onto the scaffold plank with the bathroom scales at one end...roll just the front wheel onto the scales and weigh the front end (thickness of wood should be same thickness as scales)....then put the scales at the other end behind the bike and roll the back wheel onto that...to weigh the back end....same as they do at Vosa for MSVA testing the bike...Normally Bimotas are designed for 50:50 weight bias
mick

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: V-Due weight Reply with quote

Thanks Boffer and 2Bims.
Allowing for Boffers tank not being full I would say Steve that your figures confirm Piero quoting 145kg as correct :- so my bike now weighs 138kg dry
add that to the 125/135 bhp being at the rear wheel and not the crank !!!
That will do nicely thanks Very Happy
Weed

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

........the tank is supposed to be 4 gallons or 18 litres....so 18kgs there (fuel is slightly heavier than water)...

I don't know what fuel you use 2Bims but 98 Octane Unleaded premium has an SG of about 0.76 where the SG of water is 1.0
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...fair does Weed.....I must have been thinking of Diesel...which is 0.81 to 0.96 depending on at what temperature.....so Mick.....deduct 18x 0.24 = roughly 4.5kgs .....so add 4.5Kgs to the final weight we came up with....
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you have a good number 1 and number 2 toilet stop prior to riding, wear your thin socks and go bare back with the leathers / no underwear etc you can save another 3 kilos. Perfect. Or diet for a week prior to a ride with lettuce butties and cabbage soup etc. Or buy a cagiva mito, they are lighter. Good luck.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't resist, was something I have been meaning to do for a while, and as in the garage prepping for TT !! Very Happy

Vdue , carbon dymags, lots of light wieght bolts, Lithium battery, fuel/oils etc !!

Front 77kg , rear 68kg = 145kg ready to ride !!!!!! Shocked Very Happy Laughing
mick

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: V-due weight Reply with quote

which lithium battery have you fitted and would you fit the same one again?.
I just weighed mine 4.4kg that is heavy!
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Vort will chime in....but I know he's currently piloting his newly acquired BB3 down to deepest darkest Abersoch in Wales for the week....and wifi is limited to say the least.........He has "fried" 2 No. Reg/recs on his Vdue since fitting his Shorai I think Lithium battery...and they are a motex or some such Reg/Rec....current info is they do not like lithium batteries....and get fried as a result......A case of fitting a New dog into an old one....they no likey them
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As 2bims says its a Shorai, and yes its a lot lighter.
2Bims is also correct about the 2 rectifiers , however the first was my fault. Dead battery,in a rush, picked up another and failed to notice terminals were different config , bang. So replaced with standard from Piero.
Second, well yeah, pre - TT shakedown 2hrs to ferry , stranded with flat battery after 20miles !! Both rectifier and battery goosed . Now was it battery that fried rectifier or rectifier that fried battery ??? Will never know .
Electrex Mosfet (ducati st2) is my third rectifier, got a nice little note in the box saying don't use with Lithium , also see their website now has the same disclaimer on it. !!
Am I going to put a 4kg acid battery on it ????? NO
Only time will tell !!
brian

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do away with the battery all together and just put a kick start on it (or maybe a crank handle?) Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Weed

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
2Bims is also correct about the 2 rectifiers , however the first was my fault. Dead battery,in a rush, picked up another and failed to notice terminals were different config , bang. So replaced with standard from Piero.
Second, well yeah, pre - TT shakedown 2hrs to ferry , stranded with flat battery after 20miles !! Both rectifier and battery goosed . Now was it battery that fried rectifier or rectifier that fried battery ??? Will never know .
Electrex Mosfet (ducati st2) is my third rectifier, got a nice little note in the box saying don't use with Lithium , also see their website now has the same disclaimer on it. !!
Only time will tell !!

I fitted a Mosfet reg to mine & also run a LiFe battery & have had no problems so far. In fact after ditching 2 of the original regs, it is the first time I have had a reasonably constant voltage during a run, which is reasonably important with EFI.
Weed

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Only time will tell !!

I fitted a Mosfet reg to mine & also run a LiFe battery & have had no problems so far. In fact after ditching 2 of the original regs, it is the first time I have had a reasonably constant voltage during a run, which is reasonably important with EFI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: