Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Another Grand Day out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent! One of my all time favourite motorcycles Steve Cool
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet Another "Grand Day out" up at Rivington Barn...meeting with fellow individuals young and old alike....but with a fair old crop of "Practical Sportsbikes" and smokers also....dont you just love this warm dry weather?????? May the sun....the sun...the sun shine bright....may the sun shine bright on you....(Name that song...)

Nice to meet up with Glen on his further modified DB10 supernutter motard once again....and PaulDB2 putting in a special appearance also

Cut down seat from the original plank now fitted to be more "in" the bike than "on" it.....felt good....although the bike still needs a front end...at least one you can see....you feel like you are being held over a cliff edge on a tether....without control of whomsoever is holding the rope....nice though...and just back from another of his epic 1300 miles 3 day blasts around Scotland and back

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another Grand Day out....found a replacement "Geekay" for riding out on my bims....drafted him in at short notice....who could resist eh? Especially when the sun was cracking the pavement flags.

It had been "heard" thru the grapevine that a throng of pulsing throbbing Ducatis were heading into Deansgate Manchester....in order to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Mike Hailwood winning the TT on his "Sports Motorcycles" provided Ducati....a company that was once a motorbike dealership in said place and location as mentioned...

Steve Wynne with Mike Hailwood's 1978 Isle of Man TT-winning Ducati, wearing a period Sports Motor Cycles race jacket as supplied by Hailwood's Dutch race leathers sponsor, Lookwell!

After Old mens memory wandered somewhat (mine included) as to exactly where said dealership used to exist in Manchester....we finally turned up for the assembly........

Some discussion was had whether we had the right day...time...place...month or even year...and questions were asked by myself where the event had been posted......turns out that MAYBE....it was spotted in a window on a posted card in a RS McColl newsagents in some sleepy english village....rather than perhaps some more modern version of social media......Some cool black dude resting in the midday sun at the location offered to tweet the meet for us and post up on other networks that I'd never heard off...and see if it could go viral......said dude also confirmed that Facebook was for old men....far too old hat....

Thus we dispatched from said location...although it was nice to be back in Mcr....an ideal place for bikers seeing as theres no parking for cars....and that which is available needs a bank loan to pay for....

Off up to Rivvy Barn along with GK MkII....and DB5 and DB6....usual size of crowd for such a sunny day diminished somewhat by the 20,000 bikers currently residing over at the Isle of Man TT races....still a good showing though

GK Mk II finally gets his leg over a new English ride....bit of a trumpet I'd heard...

Cheers for the company GK MkII.....hope you enjoyed yourself....we counted 2 Bimotas going out...and proud to report 2 made it back home
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about the poor turnout at the old Sports Motorcycles site which I remember visiting quite a lot in the 1970's although I was into Hondas then (well I was young and not as wise back then).
That Kawasaki H2 750 at the Barn looks great, one of the few two strokes I would consider for my stable.
How did the DB6 fare now you have been playing with the suspension and tyre pressures?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my replacement looks familiar - Mr Vincent?
In which case, he would have been disappointed at having to ride an inferior V-twin engined motorcycle Very Happy

Replacing me with Mr Vincent is akin to Top Gear replacing the Stig with James May........................... Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
my replacement looks familiar - Mr Vincent?
In which case, he would have been disappointed at having to ride an inferior V-twin engined motorcycle Very Happy

Replacing me with Mr Vincent is akin to Top Gear replacing the Stig with James May........................... Wink

Indeed....and indeed.....he did offer me to ride one of his bikes that he rode over on.....but the sight of 2 levers on the clutch side....other levers for chokes.....one for each carb....and reverse switching of gear and back brake pedals.....no indicators....stop light only on back brake...no mirrors....me old dog...not do new tricks.

Typical "fired" Stig....mocking the new stig?...you got a book coming out telling all my tricks and dodges???....Have to be careful....New Stig prowls on here from time to time as a Guest.....thus being careful in case he gets offended and I need a 3rd Stig....

He did complain about the rough vibey engine....and instant throttle response...particularly on shut off due to fuel injection.....graunchy slipper clutch that gives feedback on the lever and reduced engine braking....stiff, short uncomfortable seat...suspension not buttoned out....but I have the same gripes also....often difficult switching from Old skool to new skool

I had to talk him thru the switchgear.....as his bikes dont tend to have any....and start and shutdown procedures....think he was missing the bike not having a kickstart...
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Shame about the poor turnout at the old Sports Motorcycles site which I remember visiting quite a lot in the 1970's although I was into Hondas then (well I was young and not as wise back then).
That Kawasaki H2 750 at the Barn looks great, one of the few two strokes I would consider for my stable.
How did the DB6 fare now you have been playing with the suspension and tyre pressures?

I had a couple of mates mention they saw the post re meeting up....posted 5 hrs after the event and time

H2 was nice...a little too over restored for my liking....they were never that shiney straight out of the box......

Didn't get to ride the DB6R....New Stig/Geekay MkII chose to remain on the DB6R for the day.....which I envied somewhat......Early bits from me on short rides is it still needs dialling in...and I have gone up a few clicks on the rear but still not touched the front from Zero....lower pressure tyres I'm happier with though...and noticed when I rode the DB5R that it felt over inflated....every bump and nodule on the road was transmitted...

No piccies of CR750??? Other chat section??
Pauldonjuan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, That's a nice pic of my Elefant on your post...,
Can you put a pic of your Superlight up? I'm interested in seeing it...
Paul.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul....or is it Senr Jon Duan???

It was a nice elefant….and I only post nice bikes or when someone has gone to a lot of effort.....hope you didn't mind me posting....

"Superlight" has a bit of coverage on here...as we have an "other bikes section" rather than being "boring old Bimotas" all day long....And Practical Sportsbikes did a 5/6 page article on it also hence the tasteful photos at the end of this thread....they've done a few of my bikes...and others on here

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1611&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Theres a whole thread of before and after from page one on the above...depending how bored you are....helps to try and give tips and inspire others to ressurect some old beasts...

And for some reason...I also had this thread going but didnt link it to the other one

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1667

Welcome to the Forum by the way.....I'm hoping Gav will chime in and share his Cagiva Elefants with us also....Mr 944/888/999

Last edited by 2bims on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello..............YES, more elefants please.

Just prepping one for the 2018 INZELL meeting next week.
Inzell is on the Austrain-German border and 148 elefants are registered to be there.

Elefants, German beer and Austrian women, in national dress.......!

I'll be getting my coat

regards
Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats some herd of elephants due to stampede.....just watch out for the Austrian men in national dress..... Wink Pictures...thats what we need....or a link to your modded beasties from some other Forum
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats some herd of elephants due to stampede.....just watch out for the Austrian men in national dress..... Wink Pictures...thats what we need....or a link to your modded beasties from some other Forum
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some images of the bike I have just finished for the Treffen.

IMG_0899 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr

It ia an 25th anniversary design based on the P-D winner

IMG_0894 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr

The idea was to submit a new design based on the old to show what could be done

IMG_0893 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr

Using the components readily available as of that that 25th year date

IMG_0889 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr

This final shot shows the Ducati 999 engine mated to all the usual OEM stuff available ...BUT no single sided arms here!

IMG_0892 by Gavin Robertson, on Flickr

All artwork came via Varese (MV Factory) and NO decals.....all paint....and NO mention of DUCATI allowed.

Hope you like it......
regards

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed...must be a real hoot to ride and surprise a fair few folk at the traffic light derby also......even the 999 clocks on board also.....You not tempted to grind back the raised Ducati logo on the RHS crankcase cover???
Pauldonjuan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly are some very nice bikes on here.
That is one smart Ducati you have.. forgive me for asking, that is a 900ss not sl ?? How is the engine standing up to the 2 pack paint? I've tried various different products for engine cases, they either get washed away at the slightest sniff of fuel or go sticky when they get hot. The latest engines I've done ive left bare after vapour blasting.
Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: