Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

K&N Air Filter options for YB9SR?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie rich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: K&N Air Filter options for YB9SR? Reply with quote

Hello everyone, hoping someone here might be able to confirm or deny information I've found regarding fitment of a K&N air-filter meant for another make to use in my YB9SR.

I found this post here: http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1268&sid=2fa227bf0e7cb1758ac9c8d0d0f685bc

which lists either a filter from a VT1100C Shadow (of all things) as well as a K&N KA-0800 filter (meant for an early Z1) can be used. I've checked out the dimensions of both of these and compared them to the standard Bimota air-filter and although similar, they're still different enough not to fit into the hole in the airbox.

Are people simply enlarging the airbox opening to allow fitment of a different air filter? Appreciate some words of wisdom from anyone who might've had some experience with this.

I'll note here that I know I can still buy a new replacement air-filter from Italy, the cost is reasonable, but the shipping to Australia is not. 32 Euro's for the filter & 65 Euros to ship it which seems crazy given how small and light it is...
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think it was the K&N for the Z1 that I used on my Dieci. But no idea if that filter should be shared with the YB9.

On the Dieci it fitted into the air box easily. Just needed a small hole drilling for the mounting bolt

All the best

Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: