Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

HB3 advice please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andypomfrett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: HB3 advice please Reply with quote

I am getting there slowly. Have replaced final drive chain and sprockets but now have concerns about alignment as bottom chain run appears to just be touching the swing arm when bike is supported with rear wheel clear of the ground. Any body got any ideas. The Bimota spare parts brochure shows just 1 spindle spacer on the nearside of the rear wheel .

Thanks.....oh yes indicators ( originally an optional extra ) were sourced from Kawasaki-Z1000 ST..same for SB as well I think )
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Were the original sprockets meant to have an offset?

All the best

Keith
andypomfrett

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kieth,

I dont have that information available, nor the old rear sprocket I took off all those years ago. The new g/box spocket appears to replicate the original. There is also a thin i.e. a/4mm spacer left over in my tool box that fits the rear wheel spindle but is NOT shown on Bimota's literature. It looks like an original part ( guess ) and has a machined chamfer on one face. There is so little in it I wonder if I should just it run on the bench and see if it tries to cut its way through the swing arm !
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think that is probably the best solution. Even if you wrap the swinging arm in gaffer tape to protect it.

All the best

Keith
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Andy, how you getting on with the bike bud? Done yet? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> HB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: