Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V Due fuel tap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dingbat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: V Due fuel tap Reply with quote

Hi all. My vdue fuel tap seems a bit sticky in operation. I see on fleabay ones that look the same from 90s Ducati with 9mm outlet but will take mine off for a look.Is there any trick to this such as being able to take it apart and get a new sealing ring or whatever may be inside it ? Or maybe something better is available ?
dingbat

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: fuel tap update Reply with quote

Took the tap apart. Found the piston stuck fast in cylindrical tap body due to corrosion of the alloy parts. Maybe the "up to 5 percent ethanol can be added" in last years Shell Optimax had something to do with it ! ? Surprisingly the rubber O ring on the piston was fine. As in common with some other parts on these bikes it looks like Bimota may have sourced this tap from the makers of Chinese Christmas Cracker novelties. We'll see if we can come up with something a little more workmanlike !
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel tap is not really a Bimota part , only appears on some carb vdues and after Bimota went bust.

Obviously the origianl injection did not need a fuel tap , the trofeo's had dry break hose's as did most of the EF10's I have seen.
Only ever seen 2 vdues with this tap.

I guess you talking about this fuel tap ?

dingbat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth the screw type fuel tap used on the moto guzzi 1100 sport turns out to be almost exactly the same as the one used on the fuel tank outlet of the carbed vdue I have. My bike does have the second tap behind the lh side panel also but this one was not damaged by the ethanol. Obviously were all bought in from a generic supplier at the time but couldnt find the exact 10mm outlet version. Inlet from tank is 16 x 1mm thread Outlet tube to carbs is 12mm od vs 10 for the original but with the thickness of the fuel line being 3mm or so it fits over just fine. Available on Fleabay. was delivered the next day. Though it was my own fault for not draining out the old fuel before winter from now on will use Esso Premium fuel where possible for at least for the last few rides of the year which the Esso website states has no ethanol in it in our part of the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: