Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Another New Toy 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philfingers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Another New Toy 2 Reply with quote

my missus is very understanding, letting me drive to yorkshire in the snow the night before we moved house to buy another bike AND then let me put them im the conservatory whilst i sort the garage out! The view from the living room is now much better!

RSV Mille R Colin Edwards Replica

The guy who does my MOT's had one, I didn't know much about them prior to that, tho have noted the trick bits on the RSV Mille R's.
The Colin Edwards Rep's were basically RSV Mille R's (which came with forged Oz magnesium wheels, ohlins suspension etc etc) with paint job, full titanium Akropovic system (alone a £2k option), upgraded chip, blue top yolk, carbon bits and 16T front spocket. Engine was up spec'd with 57mm throttle bodies and one piece st/st valves. This one has a 'hooked' modified air intake system (basically a pipercross competition filter and carbon baseplate) and a Dr Rossi chip which along with the 57mm bodies and full Akropovic should make around 147bhp I'm told.

If anyone has any views on the RSV's I'm all ears![/img]

Whilst the YB11 was the first (and only!) production bike to be fitted with 51mm forks, the RSVR was the first production bike to be fitted with radial brakes apparently
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Dont think you will ever make that room look better then it does now ... looks like the superlight has been a naughty boy facing the corner Laughing
philfingers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would look much better with the furniture in the garage and a bike along each wall Smile
Superlight hasn't been naughty, it's sulking since it was the first in the stable!
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
oily

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Phil.
What's next....bigger conservatory?
Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that Superlight.......... Very Happy
vin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bikes Phil, I`ve had a couple of mille`s a standard 2000 and a 2005 factory (Oz, Ohlins, etc etc) both where aboslutely nuts, the factory was a proper handful, too much for me on the track, the 2000 was perfect, enjoy.

tip, always keep a fully charged battery, a weak one can cause it to spit back and wreck the starter clutch, a pig of a job as it sits inside the crank and doesn`t like to be removed.

never had this problem myself but know a few who did.

never had any reliability problems with either of them at all.
philfingers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys. I heard of the battery issue, yes the sprag clutch is a known issue, as is the starter solenoid. I've heard that they very rarely ever need the clerarances doing either. Roll on the dry saltless roads!

Superlight is lovely, for 80bhp is rolls along nicely, easy to use the power without needing to be wary of it, keeps up and even can embarass bikes with twice the power
CBar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently sold my '02 Mille and my '03 Mille-R. They are wonderful bikes. I sold them to make room for another bike that I hated and have sold. I will have another Mille soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: