Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Headlight and speedo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
speed748

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Headlight and speedo Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone know what bikes the headlight and speedo were from on a SB7 ?
I think I need to convert the bike to uk spec to register it
jatexup

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: SB7 headlights Reply with quote

Funny you should ask as I recently posted the same question as the headlight bulb holderss on mine had both broken! This is what you’re after, though you will need to remove the top two lugs otherwise everything is identical and I’ve just had the same fitted to my SB7. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-DOUBLE-HEADLIGHT-FOR-AF1-50/142170707854?hash=item211a08d78e:g:YCcAAMXQdm5Q-w26

I’m not sure about the speed/Rev counter (someone else will no doubt know). If you’e not fussy about the actual make then there are plenty of alternative electronic ones out there and I’ve seen several types fitted to SB6’s. I also have a Motogadget unit on my SB7 due to the fact that I have Marchesini wheels fitted so no normal drive for the speedo.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two SB6 fairings one has smaller lights which i think were used on the SB7 if it is then i seem to recal zxr 400
speed748

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headlights on mine measure 110mm are yours the same?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry about the speedo... The need for mph being displayed is only for new vehicles and msva tests....vehicles over 10 years old can be in kms...trust me...it only needs an mot to register...and a speedo.... Working or not... In mph or kms...or even on a bike is not needed for an mot...
Its only illegal to speed... Not to not have a speedo... Check your headlights dont kick up to the right...thats an mot fail....sticky tape on lens is acceptable for bikes over 10 years old...even insurance is not necessary now to apply for a v5....have you done the nova???paid tax on import?.. You've bought from Switzerland which is outside of eu...so import duty and vat would be due on import...
speed748

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to pay the vat at customs and have got a mot. I have been struggling with insurance so it would be better if I can get a v5 without it.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...used to be you had to insure it to register it...but now not the case...try foitman james for classic insurance for bikes over 15years old...they'll insure for 30 days off the frame number...then hopefully v5 has arrived and you phone to give the reg number and they alter cover for no extra charge...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: