Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6R UK Headlight Wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in the tradition of the Tesi 3D....whenever Bimota had a few spare pennies left over.....or when they phoned Brembo for new parts and they got the office junior on the phone who didn't know about the bills still owed by them....brembo would make specific calipers with Bimota cast into the face instead of Brembo...nice touches...that Bimota is famed for...

Last edited by 2bims on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
brian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beaut photos and nice education Steve Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can sleep soundly knowing that I have since cleaned up that rear caliper also...and infilled the Bimota with hi temp white paint to bling it up somewhat....
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pictures of your DB6 2bims, but you missed the one with the wheels on the actual bike not cut off the interweb ???

I believe this is your pseudo DB6R with all those lovely 'R' add on goodies but showing its real origins with the nice cast standard wheels and wavy disc you gave the thread originator such a hard time over !!??!!

What is that saying about throwing stones and glass house's ???

2bims wrote:

Yup...its a genuine Bimota....what I was trying to explain by saying "pseudo" "R"...which was a hidden joke/reference to a fellow member on here...and a good buddy of mine...is that it is NOT a genuine R model of the Db6, but one with a few extras to reference/clone it into a DB6(R)......

Thanks for the YouTube clip...I saw that about 10 years ago the first time around.

The bike is missing the lightweight silver wheels and brembo discs...it has the standard DB6 wheels from a cagiva Raptor and wavey braking discs.

vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Apparently....as I've heard from a source....theres supposed to be a R on the petrol tank under the Delirio logo....personally I think theyre a bit tacky...mine certainly is...shouting itself out a bit too much...looks a bit of an add-on to be fair

And here endeth the education....that is until Vort has some downtime at work of course......

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

WOW 2bims , your vinyl man did a good job on copying that image I sent you for the tank !!!
And you hold your little finger out in the camera reflection just like I did !! Shocked

OH NO , hang on , that is my image of my tank . You really shouldn't be trying to pass other people images off as yours, that's stooping to low levels even for you !!!Rolling Eyes

Last edited by vort28 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No glass left in my greenhouse mate.....threw so many rocks and stones over the years after the tomato plants died....given me years of fun and japes though.... Wink
Debiassi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Version R Reply with quote

Well it seems to be listed as a version R.
I have removed the VIN for security reasons.

[/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality it is whatever you tell the licensing authorities in the country you register it...as you have to fill out the forms yourself especially in the UK...so Make...Bimota...Model...DB6RRRRRR....colour....they have no code for tricolor on their A-Z scale...but have a code for "multicolour"....they dont even check chassis or engine numbers as you have to fill those out yourself...and the lazy so and so's at DVLA have often not bothered to type in the engine numbers I've provided...just left it blank.....engine size, power and mass all to be filled out by the new owner applying for the V5....
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debiassi . If you like the look and spec of the bike buy it . It is what it is and will be quite rare where ever you go . Very few people will be able to identify it as a DB6 yet alone tell if it is a true R or not.
If you expect to buy it and shift it on for a profit and convince others it is something its not , then again that is your choice.
I believe there is about 520 DB6 ( 1000/1100) and 100 DB6 EVO's in existence.
The R variant being approx DB6R= 80 , DB6R EVO=20 .

As far as I know there is only 1 DB6R in the UK , and I can tell you to the nearest mm exactly were that is sat .

As 2bims says Bimota's are very rare and as such the DVLA have no real record or spec's for them , so unlike buying a VW Golf were you can stick the VIN number into the interweb and it will tell you to the enth degree the exact spec and trim , that can not be done for Bimota, so they take what you put on the form as correct. Again if you want to register it as something it is not that is upto you but at point of sale this will mean diddly squat if the buyer knows what he is looking for/at.

Unfortunately I am away from home at the moment so the only picture evidence I have, that seems to be required to prove my facts are what is on my laptop:-

Example of DB5R chassis number , ( note 2 R's = DB51R7R)

Example of DB6 chassis number ( note only 1 R after dating number = DB6006R , ie 2006 Rimini)

Now DB6R , again strangely enough DB60R8R !!!!

And the actual number itself , admittedly with first R partially obscured .
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowee...previous owner was/is 64 years old....its as they say...youre never too old...Cheers for all the info and assistance Vort...debiassi has offered to fly you and your family to a private dessert island as a thankyou....I've asked him not to fly you back though...teehee Laughing
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture of the bike you provided :-

Yeah OK it has a few of the R cheap and easy bolt on parts but the expensive stuff that actually improve performance/weight is missing , eg forged wheels , radial masters , mag engine casings , slipper clutch and better rear shock.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does have the steering damper with pucker Bimota bracket...cant be bought anymore and retro fitted....Yeh...you can get a Matris steering damper purpose made for the DB6...hardly cheap at £430 though

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Matris-Series-K-Steering-Dampers-for-Bimota.html
Debiassi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Appreciation Reply with quote

Very many thanks guys for all the input. The level of knowledge and the obvious passion has been awesome.
Very much appreciated and I will use the information gained to determine how I proceed.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italians eh? They'll show you their 18 year old daughter and offer her for sale...but once you've paid, the small print will prove why its their GrandMother that shows up on your doorstep....gnarly toothless faced with her bags behind her....and a willing happy smile on her face

Footnote - Not all Italians are crooks...I know many a good one, trustworthy and honest as the day is long....all walks of life and nationalities worldwide have good and bad characters...I've been had over by Russians...Poles....Italians.....South African Ladies....and once by a lovely petite Thai "Lady"...that was a surprise....and largely the reason why I'm a teetotal none drinker nowadays...not been drunk for over ten years now....alcohol may also be the reason for several of the other aforementioned incidents.... Shocked
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
.I've been had over by Russians...Poles....Italians.....South African Ladies....and once by a lovely petite Thai "Lady"...that was a surprise....and largely the reason why I'm a teetotal none drinker nowadays...not been drunk for over ten years now....alcohol may also be the reason for several of the other aforementioned incidents.... Shocked

A bit too much information Shocked , but made me laugh Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: