Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Festival Italia 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far........... (as at 20/06)

Boris - SB6
2Bims - DB2 (entry approved)
PaulDB2 - YB6 & DB1 (entry approved)
Me - SB6 (entry pending)
John - SB7
Martin - Tuatara

Andrew 1 bike?
Gavin 1 bike?
Steve's mate Steve ?? Bikes

any more?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still Waiting on my mate to get back to me...some mate eh?...Brother has now confirmed NO....he doesnt like to have fun

More details of Set up here...if "arriving with display vehicle on a trailer (OR I ASSUME IN A VAN)...you have to email them to confirm...details below

Arrival times, leaving times & vehicle movement
Access for display vehicles will be open from: Sunday 19 August, between 07:00am – 08:30am
To ensure you gain access to your vehicle display area you must arrive between these times in order to be positioned before the public are on site. Arrival outside these times may mean you are directed to the public car park.
Given the high level of visitors to this event, there may be queues upon entry/exit.
We request display vehicles remain in position until the end of the event, however, if you do wish to move your vehicle, please find a Brands Hatch marshal.
Vehicles
Registered vehicles must be suitable for the event theme (e.g. Italian vehicles for Festival Italia).
Vehicles will be accepted/rejected at the discretion of MSV.
You must arrive in your registered vehicle – arriving in an unregistered vehicle will result in you being refused entry and directed to the public car park.
If you plan to arrive with your display vehicle on a trailer, you must confirm in advance with the event team by emailing: festival.italia@msv.com
Tickets
You will receive ONE complimentary vehicle pass which also includes admission for the driver (only). You must purchase tickets for any additional passengers prior to entry. (Children 12 and under are free.)
E-tickets include a parking code; these must be displayed in your front windscreen as you enter the venue – marshals will direct you to the correct location using the code.
Tickets are vehicle specific and you cannot transfer between vehicles.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far........... (as at 24/06)

PaulDB2 - YB6 & DB1 (entries approved)
Me - SB6 (entry approved)
2Bims - DB5R (entry pending)
Andrew YB9 (entry pending)
John - SB7
Martin - Tuatara
Boris - SB6
Gavin 1 bike?

any more?
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
so far........... (as at 24/06)

John - SB7
Martin - Tuatara
Boris - SB6
Gavin 1 bike?

any more?

me too please

John - SB7
Martin - Tuatara
Boris - SB6
Gavin 1 bike?
Stockcar - SB6R (entry pending)
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB5R - Entry approved
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Alyn !

as of 25/06................

Paul - YB6 & DB1 (entries approved)
Garry - SB6 (entry approved)
Steven - DB5R &/or DB2 (entries approved)
Andrew YB9 (entry approved)
Alyn - SB6R (entry pending)
John - SB7
Martin - Tuatara
Boris - SB6
Gavin - Vyrus (he said, hopefully)
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

as of 26/06................

Paul - YB6 & DB1 (entries approved)
Garry - SB6 (entry approved)
Steven - DB5R &/or DB2 (entries approved)
Andrew YB9 (entry approved)
Alyn - SB6R (entry approved)
John - SB7
Martin - Tuatara
Boris - SB6
Gavin - Vyrus (he said, hopefully)

now all approved

whats the deal with unloading vans on the Sunday morning for those of us bringing a few bikes??
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written to MSV...the owners of Brands and others and organisers of the event.....did phone them...but their number is so much per minute...grrghhh...asked all usual questions as below..still waiting

Any other quessies need asking other than below then let me know or Geekay whos running the show

Oh...Gavs "In" also...just confirmed today....just debating what to bring....so a full House unless theres anyone else interested and we need to ask for more spaces if they have any...

"Hi there....firstly thanks for confirmation of acceptance of the BimotaForum.co.uk to be able to attend this event for the first time....
And for acceptance of the individual motorcycles to date.
Several people are asking a few questions so here goes....
Will offloading of the motorbikes at the allocated section be possible?...and then moving the vans to a public car park...if so how far away is this car park likely to be?....we have people coming from far and wide and most of us are pre-booked to stay in a local hotel close to Brands Hatch and are transporting our motorcycles to the event in vans in the morning during set up hrs 0700-0830 as stated in your details
Maybe early days yet as regards "exact location" for our plot...but do you know if it would be on a hardstanding tarmac area or grassed?....Method statement for Gazebo/seating to be amended to suit...also it would dictate what stands we bring down to support the motorcycles during the Days event
Is there an intention to have a parade lap of cars/motorcycles around Brands Hatch, as I have heard this has been done before? Or is it a case of very much dependant upon your racing schedule etc? If there is a planned "parade lap"....is there a requirement/stated criteria for such motorcycles and/or clothing to be worn....motorbikes decibel levels of exhausts etc?
Hopefully all questions not too difficult to answer and I understand that theres still some time to go so all plans and layouts wont be fully decided as yet
Thanks and looking forward to the event
Regards"
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answers in from MSV of Brands Hatch...a most efficient bunch...and hopefully answers everyones questions

Hi Steve

Please see answers;

Q. Will offloading of the motorbikes at the allocated section be possible?...and then moving the vans to a public car park...if so how far away is this car park likely to be?....we have people coming from far and wide and most of us are pre-booked to stay in a local hotel close to Brands Hatch and are transporting our motorcycles to the event in vans in the morning during set up hrs 0700-0830 as stated in your details

A. This will be fine, you may need to explain to the gate staff your intentions, but we will let them know to expect you. If we could get a number of how many will be arriving closer to the time that would be great.

A. (Cont'd) The car park is directly outside the venue. If you are staying in the Brands Hatch Mercure hotel, you could leave the vans in the car park and push/ride the bike in. It takes under a minute to walk to the venue from there. (will check with Hotel if vans can be left there....this sounds like an "easy getaway" come breakdown...just ride back to Hotel and load there...normal pandemonium come breakdown time as everyone tries to leave at the same time)

Q. Maybe early days yet as regards "exact location" for our plot...but do you know if it would be on a hardstanding tarmac area or grassed?....Method statement for Gazebo/seating to be amended to suit...also it would dictate what stands we bring down to support the motorcycles during the Days event

A. As you suggest it is fairly early on – however we have located your club on hard standing tarmac in the initial plan. (2bims - maybe no gazebo to be used unless we have sand bags or 4 owners wanting to tie it down with their bikes as counterweights....Or 4 Bimota rotund owners on chairs tied to the structure??)

Q. Is there an intention to have a parade lap of cars/motorcycles around Brands Hatch, as I have heard this has been done before? Or is it a case of very much dependant upon your racing schedule etc? If there is a planned "parade lap"....is there a requirement/stated criteria for such motorcycles and/or clothing to be worn....motorbikes decibel levels of exhausts etc?

A. Yes, we do plan to have a bike parade and then a car parade. It is dependent on the race schedule, sometimes it is slightly earlier/later than planned. The parade lap is at low speed, behind a safety car, so the requirement aren’t too steep other than a helmet.
(No mention of legality or whether your OWN bike insurance covers this...and I assume naked riding with just a helmet is also not allowed/advisable...or loud exhausts or tax or MOT or road Reg...Individual Owners to take their own decisions for which I aint liable in any way shape or form....but sounds like fun...I'm in - 2Bims)

Hope this answers some of your questions;

Regards

Festival Italia Team
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I contacted the hotel last week to ask about leaving our vehicles on the car park after check-out on Sunday morning, I was informed that new access barriers are being fitted to the car park to prevent show-goers from using it as a freebie. I have to call back in a couple of weeks to find out what the new rules for residents parking (access and egress) will be.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hired vans...no problem...crash the gate at 98...teehee
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4 Rubber Duck.
Thanks for the update Steve and GeeKay.
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breaker 19..............looks like we got us a convoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

or am i showing my age Embarassed
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all showing our age....fortunately our bikes don't....hence why we have them.... Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
We're all showing our age....fortunately our bikes don't....hence why we have them.... Laughing

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: