Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Intending to Attend with Classic Bike?
Please include me within a Club Joint application
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
I will sort my own application
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Phil Collins get into this chat??/
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
This is a message to give you heads up for the Crich CMD on Sunday.
You are all on Area 3 or the Depot Fan as the staff know it. It is halfway down the tramway and you enter it through the large gates see the photo below.
You'll also see the attached sketch showing our intended display area, which we hope works out.
It may change as plans often do but please follow the stewards instructions, be considerate to each other and we'll be fine.
Two strict rules.......
Do not park within two feet of the tramline to allow for the overhang of a passing tram.
Do not park on the tarmac footpaths as this is disabled/ pedestrian access.

Between 1 & 2pm the race bikes are going to be fired up by the Robin Hood Riders and they may well move the bikes out onto the tramlines, which is fine as the tram drivers have been briefed about it. Be warned it will be very loud as you can imagine.

Finally in the top left is the kit store being run by the Blood Bike volunteers which you may find handy to store your helmet etc.

Oh and don't forget to vote for your favourite bike. (Bimota Db2...teehee)

Ride safe and I look forward to seeing you all soon

brian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your DB2 is looking superb 2bims! I like the nice pins for the stand. Great tutorial on the oil top up, might be easier with a nice slim Asian arm /hand? No easy way to do a top up on a SB6 unfortunately.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bri...and yes...I get the intimation of an Asian invasion....would certainly help in polishing those hard to get to spots for a thorough once over....

Now booked in is a Bimota YB6, YB10 dieci Monoposto, DB2 and KB1....with a Cagiva Freccia C12R and a black gold Ducati 900ss Darmah….with another Bimota modern heading down also to meet up....but that cant enter the show as it is less than 25 years old....Possibly a DBX....Oro NEro….DB6 or Vdue.....so that would be 5 Bimotas out on the road at the same event....Possibly a new record in the UK at least in my presence....only managed 4 before as a Max...I will of course be on hand to take lots of lovely photos together with others
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the photos mate Cool
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the Vincent OWners CLub that is running the event....and I'm following down 2 or 3 of them on my Bimota....Hope I can keep up.....one nice fellow is allegedly 86 years old that I'll be following him and his Vincent...I'll need to be educated when there though as to what model each bike is...as I'm woefully inadequate in that respect....I'm sure Katy will chip in....she's more than proficient...and a vincent Owner herself...
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Well, technically they are a Dieci, not a YB10. Chassis number is YB8!

Surprised Freccia is more easily pronounced! Fresh-ee-ya.

I have some knowledge of Vincent’s, but others have way more knowledge

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ever...you're a beaut with your OCD....should have been a school teacher....you could have corrected my bad ways at an early age.....Dieci....

Coolbox and cold drinks will be available...if they allow us onto the landing with them...…..AND...……

For everyone that attends with a BIMOTA.....there will be a Free Bimota related Prize...provided as always courtesy of "2Bims ebay emporium".....100% rating for items and 1,000% for value....unfortunately the accountant has questioned why so much expenditure and yet Zero income from said emporium...…..Even the Mobile Bike Valet service is running on High output but lean income......All for the passion and love of it...as I tell myself each morning
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear! Sounds like I'll have to double up on the Diet Coke delivery service Smile
Your efforts are always gratefully appreciated.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are my Diet Coke Man Paul....and with the weather the way it is....thinking of you all hot and sweaty lugging that YB6 along the cobbled paths of the Tramway museum....Hhmmm...could be a whole new advertising scheme for the company....who wants these chiselled tortured males paraded in front of us on the Tv?....A touch of reality wouldn't go a miss in advertising
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....One Bimota is certainly in pole position for making it to the Crich event....YB6 freshly polished and cleaned and started up to be ridden on the tramlines

And Whos that young fellow sporting a new haircut??..Summer trim the Cookie Monster said....

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still thinking about suing the barber, hair not been this short since I was a nipper. Thanks for all your efforts this morning Steve, even with the stronger pain killers I would have struggled on my own. Now I can just chill and try to resist the lure of those cookies in the fridge.....COOOKIEEEES! Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers also for BimotaAndy who....despite having the "odd" bimota or ten....rode down on his Ducati 900SD Darmah….cheers for a grand day out also

Here

AndyG reliving his youth beside his first ever bike..Yammie Fiss...Is it like Wagon Wheels? Have they gotten smaller or the owners bigger?...
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also a big Thanks to MickC for allowing us to rock up at THE OLD HALL, CHINLEY...and "disturb" the peace and tranquillity with the sound of a couple of Bologna's finest throbbing twins

A fabulous place...fabulous food and service that is most pleasant....extremely attentive and expertly trained....they positively run to your table with your order....always a pleasure chatting bikes and yesteryear and Bimotas, Mick

Where else can you get this view?

16th Century Grade II listed...parts dating back to the 13th century....and the Landlord loves Bimotas....what more could you ask?

And now...why we came here...well...other than to talk Bikes of course...careful though...turn up on a Bimota and the Landlord may entice you with Food and beer and try to cut a deal on buying your beloved...and tearing it from your fingers....teehee

ONION rings to die for...

Had to hurry up and take quick snaps...BimotaAndy was half way thru his food already and eyeing up my yet unstarted meal....PaulDB2 wasnt far behind him either....He had a delayed start "pointing" at things....

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: