Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Crich Tramway Classic Motorcycle Meeting - Matlock Bath
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Intending to Attend with Classic Bike?
Please include me within a Club Joint application
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
I will sort my own application
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

glened

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be one of the first to have a go on it as soon as I get the basted converter plates from the engineers. Just fitted new brake lines and and master cylinders to the Bim, just awaiting some new mirror brackets and will have to make two new brackets to support the reservoirs
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh…..so the black coffin pot reservoir masters are no more eh?.....What you gone for? Bang up to date Radial Brembos?...which dont normally have mirror mounts do they...as they're normally only fitted on bikes with clip ons etc....

Previous owner had similar issue with my DB6(R)…..and had special billet mirror mounts milled up to suit the perch front face clamps on the lever/master brackets....and on the underside bolt fitted a curved alloy bracket to take mini brembo res pots.....had the small one on the brake side 6 years now with no issues...balances size wise the one on the clutch

Orignally he had some tacky chinky billet pots that were real nasty but also no "windows" in them and thus couldnt see the fluid levels/condition...as below

I've since replaced the black rubber fluid lines with clear ones...tygon or somesuch??

OH...and the nasty black hex bolts have gone also..some nice SS button head allen bolts from Pro-bolts went in instead
glened

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try and get some pictures for you later. Finally went with Accossato radial's, just awaiting the mirror mounts. Like you they come with black pipe, what was the clear pipe you used and where did you get it from?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tygon-2375-tubing-12-Clear-Brake-Reservoir-Hose-6mm-ID-30cm-length-1-4-TBE-001/111215279138?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the accossatto master on the clutch side have locator for the clutch switch?...Bike wont start unless clutch is pulled actuating that switch...But...its easily removed and you feed a by-pass into the end at the other connector....safety wise you still have a side stand switch so it wont start if its in gear and sidestand still down...its all fed into the ECU
glened

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The master cylinders have no mechanical switches, so I have fitted two banjo bolt switches i.e. brake and clutch, side stand switch died last year in Spain. It is no more. With regards to health and safety if your dumb enough to leave the bike in gear and press the starter button when not in a position to hold the bike.... then rethink riding and get a car. You can probably guess that I am not a big fan of "Health & Safety" culture
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the dumb reference isn't a personal "jibe" at me there glened…..The darn springey flap micro switches often go awol anyhow so best off without....sidestand...Hhmm….There are those "Senior" moments for all of us from time to time...and I still have the very "odd" usual Ducati false neutral light on the koso clocks when the bike is actually in gear...So yeh...should probably do away with the sidestand switch also and then stick to using brain and not trusting Italian electrics
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I hope the dumb reference isn't a personal "jibe" at me there glened…..

Glen probably doesn't know you once started you DB6 whilst stood next to it and still in gear and then proceeded to dumped the clutch without selecting neutral !!

Not the only thing you dumped at that moment !! Laughing

But its OK , your secret is safe with me 2bim's !!! Wink

I take it this is the sort of thing you got Glen, with the optional mirror brkt ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Accossato-19x20-Radial-Brake-Master-Cylinder-with-Folding-Lever-reservoir-kit/111791408807?epid=1250950587&hash=item1a074986a7:g:6XUAAOSwDFNWFSba
glened

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve and Stuart,
The was no jibe intended other than the one aimed at the amount of ridiculous overkill on the starting a bike in gear, lost a full days riding last year in the Picos Europas owing to blasted side stand switch not having the decency to break, but developed an intermittent fault causing the bike just to cut out and then cut back in. A good day lost...grrr

Yes that looks like the system I have ended up with, however I have had to source the mirror brackets and switches separately. I saw the switches like the ones advertised, they ranged any thing between £4.00 to £11.00 each. However I elected for Goodridge switches from Demon Tweeks a little more expensive but I hope they are better quality. The price looks OK, however I managed to get the brake and clutch master cylinders, folding levers and new HEL brake lines for £372.00 plus £60.00 for switches and mirror brackets. Just finished soldering and wiring in the brake and clutch switches. Hopefully will have time to finish this weekend just in time for the weather to Break Very Happy Very Happy
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thank you for the day and the pics

The Cagiva misbehaved at home time. Flat battery. Jade says the bike hates her! No tools, but by luck the fairing bolts were the same size as the Bimota hex key! Found a broken wire but just for the neutral light so don’t think related. Scrounged the use of some starter rollers and that started it!

Suspect due to having the battery terminals the wrong way round (only found out a few months after buying it when I went to fit it). Wires do just about reach, but suspect maybe not seated correctly somewhere.

Not going to be riding the bikes for a few months so battery now off and tank drained of petrol. Will get a new battery when I am back riding.

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Its happening again Reply with quote

Anyone interested in going and then shout up

Classic Motorcycle Day - Crich Tramway museum

Sun 7th July 2019 = @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm

https://www.tramway.co.uk/whatson/classic-motorcycle-day/

And within there you can download a form and submit...unless I do a group booking...Very casual and informal well run event in classic old skool setting...a must if you can ride or vary a "valid" motorcycle to the event....has to be first made 25 years ago or more......A fantastic day was had last year....lets see if more of us can get to Micks place at the Old Hall Chinley this year for some more of the fantastic food served there...washed down with Micks tales of racing against Barry Sheene...or more like trying to at least not be lapped by him during the race.... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I've sent off a General Enquiry to see if we can have a "block booking" like last year....its for bikes 1995 and earlier first made this year....as they role it forward each year to retain the "25 years old" rule or more...I'll be sure to chase them up and report back
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've come back to me with a response.... No group bookings this year....too complicated...so...if you're going... You need to make your own application...
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My application for this years crich event is now "in"...25 year old bikes or more....thus 1994 and earlier this year...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: