Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V-Due clutch spring collars update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudadue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: V-Due clutch spring collars update Reply with quote

Hello Bimo's, mail arrived ducati anodized clutch spring collars hot footed to man cave and removed clutch cover and these puppies fit straight on same dimensions so going to order stainless steel clutch springs and red anodized
clutch collars and some nice titanium gold allen bolts so dry clutch should look a bit special happy days enjoy the w/end regards to all bill
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hodo Rudadue….hopefully you havent ordered Duc parts yet...other than the "topHat" anodised caps that are held on by the bolts that compress the springs.

Check sizes......although clutch plates fit the Vdue basket....theres less of them....the basket is not as deep as on a ducati....thus....I am thinking the springs and the bolts are also shorter....and thus Duc ones no good...I already know the clutch pressure plate from the Vdue is not interchangeable with those used on Ducatis
rudadue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: V-Due clutch spring collars update Reply with quote

Hi 2bims , i have only bought top hats i,e 6 and the titaniun retaining M6 bolts i will cut down to 16mm same as V-due so i presume the spring from a duke are longer than the v-Due ones thxs for heads up regards and thxs Bill
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top pressure plate on Vdue is also different design to Ducati, springs are recessed into plate were a Duc they are sort of on top of it.( tried an anodised duc plate )
Although Vdue clutch looks similar to Duc one , everything is different. Basket attaches to shaft differently etc , why use carry over available items when you can design your own ???
rudadue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely then it would be a case of drilling Duke top plate , so springs sit as per V-Due or have i missed something here regards all
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different clutch basket design, so top pressure plate different design to match baskets.
Spring collets probably the same but springs probably different spring rate/length , although never tried Ducati ones in vdue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: