Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
This isn't a wish list Keith, I'm actually looking for an SB8 Laughing

I have looked, thought and decided not to go bankrupt just yet! Very nearly bought a YB7 a few years ago. Trouble is I am running out of space hence new toys have to be small:-

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/ysr.jpg

All the best

Keith
oily

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota's are small compared to big things. I just wish Bimota prices weren't quite so big Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mortsta wrote:
hi..im morty...i live in byron bay australia...home of the fckwit hippies!!!
great riding round here...
i have owned an sb8r since 2000....ive stacked it about 4 times!!!
no really...! well did buy it to ride it...its now a Rattamota...

unfortunaly my 8 year old son put it in a microwave oven and this is what came out...

i must stop stacking my bike!!

this is what the fuel pump looks like if a mate leave sit for 6 months under a tree in the tropical rain..

this is what we do when we go riding...we get on the muffins and the piss.

this is the shthole i have to wake up to every day..

Tim Cahills cuzin!!!
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg238/mortsta/1021071533-00.
jpg[/img]

Bloody hell, I really feel sorry for you having to wake up to that sh*t hole. I see you've built a paddling pool for the kid's Laughing
Seven

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/ysr.jpg

Keith

Wow! A YSR 50!

I remember drooling over those 20 years ago when I was 16 looking for my first motorbike. I think I still have the original rode test from a UK bike mag somewhere. Very Happy

I believe these machines have a 'cult' status in the USA...and sell for a fair few bucks. I think Rex Judd in London had one for sale but it was over £2k. How much did you pay for yours and where did you get it from? White with the red speed blocks is the one I'm looking for!

Cool Seven
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Bought it at the Stafford Classis bike show. Just need to get it registered and a few odds and sods sorted out. It is a Japanese market one so has more stylish rear indicators and light, but not sure on whether it is restricted in some way (will find out when it is on the road).

It has only got 198km on the clocks (in 20 years).

I paid £1200 which is not really a bargain price, but it is overall in good condition. There were a couple for sale at Stafford last year for about half that price but they were pretty rough.

These people in the USA have a fair few spares for sale:-

http://www.teamcalamari.com/

I have just received a few spares from them (alloy top yoke, some fibre reeds as I don't like the effects of steel reeds failing, spring kit for the other fork and a spare clutch cable).

Only major issue I have is getting the fuel tap to seal properly. Colour wise it matches my TZR250.

There is a Suzuki RB50 (GSXR gag bike) for sale on Ebay at the moment.

All the best

Keith
mortsta

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stack?? aussie for crashin...!
stay at mine??
well you can but you'll have to get past this first!!!
The Saint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in from America.
Just picked up this SB6 about a month ago. Mint, 3100 miles, loaded with Moto Corse bits.

v12al

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now thats really nice.
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im John from devon and this is my SB8R

andyberg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chaps...
Not an Bimota owner yet, but hankering for a SB6 or 6R after having 20 odd years of various Jap IL4 stuff before turning to a couple of Mille's then a 'Factory' RSVR, also done quite a few years Supermoto racing here in the UK on a semi-automatic Husaberg 650 before injury and realisation that I really am too old and knackered kicked in! Crying or Very sad

Very nearly bought a SB2 in 1990 but opted to build a GS1000 engined Harris Magnum instead, also built a good 7/11 GSXR special in the mid nineties. I nearly bought a low mileage SB6R about 12 months ago off ebay before I got my 'Factory' (I've since seen the same bike up for sale again by the chap who won the auction)
I Always liked the look of the SB6 / R and, after seeing a couple at the TT in June, thought its about time I finally got one.

Currently ride a Vstrom 1000 for trips out with the missus and still got the 'Berg (do occasional trackdays) but 'need' to own my dream before its too late!.
Any help/advice will be gratefully received!
Smile
Iain.m

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Iain from Paisley in Scotland. I bought my SB8R in january from a local dealer. I had a tls but sold it for a GSX14 , I missed the v-twin grunt so started looking for a TLR and this little beauty appeared a few things not standard but am looking to rectify that in the future. Will post a pic once I know how.
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ian what bits are you looking for
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Hi from Australia.. Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have just stumbled on this forum, so i thought i'd better sign up and join the frivolities Very Happy

I've got a 96 SB6, which has the dreaded falling over disease.... I see i'm not alone...

Here she is pre 1st fall....

The rear duck tail posed all sorts of problems for painting, so i decided to stay with just a single colour, apparently there was a small batch of SB6's painted in dark grey so i chose this as my best option..

The colour we actualy used is a BMW/Mini metalic black, almost exactly the same as the original.

When i had the wheels polished, i also sent the mufflers, they look cool, shining away behind the mesh, subtle but nice.

Here is a pic of her naked...

I have just put her back together after her 2nd fall, so i hope to get some pics taken soon.

Do any of you know where i can get the artwork for the SB6 decals for the ducktail?

I hope to pop in here regularly, and ask obscure questions Embarassed , so speak to you soon.

Cheers

Steve
madasfook

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the Bimota web site as i found them very helpfull http://www.bimota.it/club_eng.htm. if not try ebay as you can always find bits...john
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, welcome to both clubs bud. The Forum AND the SB^ just fell over club. I'm sure they should have a recall on the bloody stand! Still waiting for mine to get back, hope it looks as good as yours. The decals have been done by a friend of mine who owns a sign company in Exmouth right next to BKS Leathers. Let me know your number and I can get him to give you a call if you like? Cheers, Pompey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: