Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Final clearout remaining Bimota parts -something for all!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudadue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi 2bims spoke on facebook interested in gear rod for me spagetti burner
regards bill
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill/Rudadue….You have a message back via Facebook...…... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Fresh Stocks Reply with quote

As per the Title......A very nice American Bike Enthusiast brought a box load of Bimota NOS parts over from the States recently to the Stafford Bike show I attended...a few of the bits I knew he had I have kept for myself,,,,,and a couple of distant fellows in the underlying regions of the globe also put their hands up for what I knew he was bringing over also...and they have now arrived at their destination......The nice fellow evaded Customs duty and evidently Import Tax....and did me a deal on the whole box of bits....most of which are surplus to requirements for me at least..So..I'm offering them up for sale on here...The Good Old Fashioned Forum....Prior to Facebook....and then finally ebay for any remaining pieces

Theres no great Rush for anyone...I'm not desperate and neither should you be in buying....just pm me if interested and what you would like to pay for said bits (all without postage costs - Which I would do at pure cost with nothing added on for me or Packaging etc...I have rafts of bubble wrap, tape and boxes...and choice of postage/insurance would be at your liberty/choice...And if you want it marking as "gifts/low value" to reduce Import charges for fellows outside the UK/EU...thats fine with me....

Pictures below...I can detail what everything is with part numbers also if you wish....But thought I would give you all first chance before I post on the BimotaFB pages or Ebay….There are 2 complete sets of Bimota Vdue US spec folding footpeg assemblies...complete with gear/brake levers, bushes, lockrings, bolts, adjuster eccentric buttons, hanger plates and scuff/heel guards...the folding footpegs are interchangeable with normal Bimota footpegs,,,,and the gear/brake levers, bushes and connecting pieces run through a lot of the Bimota models...DB2/3/4...Vdue...YB9/10/11///SB6/6r/7/8..BB1....There are 3 spare gear/brake foot levers also...and a couple of bushes and lockrings....5 No. Paioli fork tops ...A "across the front" bimota steering damper...same as on DB2/YB6 etc....Bimota Vdue/Bimota SB8 carbon gear rod and alloy gear rod...New Old stock DB2/3/4/vdue/YB/SB series etc 36 tooth rear sprocket that fits Antera and Oscom wheels....2 No. DB5/6 alloy gear shaft rods...2 No steering damper brackets for forklegs..One is 51mm dia….a DB6 Delirio Fibreglass Bimota nose cone....DB2 fuel tap and gauze filter...SB6/7/6R chromed steel coolant bracket/tube....Frame/body spacer...YB series. SB8 Clip on bar...1 No....I also have a complete set/pair of DB5 clip-ons tubes and the clamps and fixing bolts that either fit the Mille or DB5R...or basically any bike with 43mm R&T USD Ohlins forks..as thats what is fitted to the DB5 Mille and MOST DB5R's (I say most as Red anodised Marzocchis were fitted to some DB5R's.

I've also got 5 No helmet locks for Db3..but no keys with them...I will try the keys to the Bimotas that I have just in case the odd one fits...and could get some made......If you are interested in buying any of the parts then make me your best offer via pm...I'm not looking for silly money....and if theres several folk after same pieces I would perhaps favour previous customers/mates....Offers excluding postage, as I dont know where you all live...which would be at cost extra....let me know if you need any more information...dimensions etc etc....Also scroll back to the start of this thread as a few of the items are "left-overs" from that posting last August..and thus more info is provided there for some of the items...All the Best
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh theres a DB2 UK single beam Headlight unit also off my own DB2.....I have fitted a twin beam projector unit from a Vdue to mine..and I doubt I'll go back to the original.....AND...also one NOS rear Bimota DB2 light unit, lens, backing plate etc and bulb...the one with the twin round red circles and reflector to make it look like a Twin bulb unit
brian

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking stuff 2bims and very gracious of you to offer it at a reasonable cost..... don't suppose you'd have a DB6 headlight in your stash? Rolling Eyes Shocked .... sorry, may be too soon for attempted humor.... i'll crawl back in my hole now Confused
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you Geezer Bri.....Yeh...maybe too soon....the headlights do Fit DB5 and Tesi3D and DB8...and I think 9 and the DB11VLX also....I do have a source for them for anyone interested...and...theres still one for sale on Ebay
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope...scrub that....DB8 and DB9 are same as DB7...twin spots one above the other...which typical of Bimota...ARENT the same as Ducati 749/999....Just digging out some more stuff and photographing...Stay tuned
atomibart

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the DB2 fuel tap on the pictures 2bims?
Cheers
atomibart
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...its just above the SB8 clip on at the bottom of this picture ...It came out of its bimota parts bag for this shot....Part number 215000553 is what I have on the bag...but...this doesnt check against the Spare parts manual....the bag says Rubinetto Paioli 21.47.021 as indeed Paioli made the fuel cocks at the time for Bimotas....The fuel cock/tap looks exactly the same as the one on my DB2...with "ON" AT THE TOP AND "off" at the left and right...the 2 holes are 6.50mm internal diameter and the holes are at 34mm centres...the brass tube section ...which could be cut down...is 116mm long with the nylon gauze filter thats a push fit on top...I cant compare it to any that BCP has...because he hasn't any of either code

Bottom of screen...above the clip on tube....Hidden because of all the shiney above it

2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomibart wrote:
Is the DB2 fuel tap on the pictures 2bims?
Cheers
atomibart

See above...and also...I have sent you a "pm"
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More updates...and "questions" from me for parts I cant identify or simply have no idea what they are???...As they say...youre never too old to learn....

6 parts here.....some I know...some I have no clue...but all surplus to my requirements....

Part one...No idea Large alloy milled circular plate....59mm OD...30mm ID...2mm thick...chamfered edge....holed 4 times to take countersunk head bolts....4mm ID...centres at 43mm....

Part Two - This one I know....Its a Bimota special bolt....Hollow....taper head allen key socket....and holds the Ohlins rear shock in place top...and another at the bottom...hidden in the depths of the Hollow round CrMo tubing of the rear swing arm...Part No. 501762150....Fits some other models holding top and bottom shocks in place...presumably hollow so that you can squirt WD40 through it to loosen the back thread....as this is screwed into captive lost threaded sockets welded into the tube of the swingarm....goes directly through the shock body mounting eyes/Bearings/bushes....Paolo of BCP lists these items...but like a lot of his parts...still has no price attached to them...so who knows??/...Paolos been on here for over 4 years since setting up BCP....think he may sell more bits if he listed them...or at least linked them to the spare parts manuals...so you could search by name...Maybe even in English....??

Part No. Three.....A bodywork to frame spacer...I suspect YB series....as it aint DB1/2 or 4 or Vdue.....o/a length 70mm....ID 12.5mm...Max OD...30mm

Part No. Four - No idea meself....light alloy...satin finish like the late 80/early 90's bikes....Top hat shape with through hole of 8.5mm recessed socket on base for a 13mm dia bolt head

Part No. 5 - Steering damper bracket for RWU front fork leg40mm internal diameter

Part No. 6 -I have no idea again.....Beautifully milled lathed shiney billet piece68mm long....OD 23mm...ID 17mm...with a 30mm milled hex head gently tapered down...Threaded on the bottom face internally for some 18mm of its height...a joy to hold and admire and very therapeutic to handle.....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bits...say what you see.....:-

DB2/3/4/Vdue headlight...SB6R?...Uk unit...single beam...with Halogen bulb and separate sidelight fitted...Used but perfect....

All 4 tabs intact with new rubber dampers fitted

Brembo Clutch assemblies and levers/clamps.....2 on the right are the old style coffin pot....Used....then theres a black series clutch master with Remote pot style fixing...and far left is a NOS gold series Brembo Master

A bit of mix and match here.....2 Long Bodied DB1/YB10 Rear Original indicators for spares/repairs....No lenses...and one has the metal reflector missing.....but the arms and wiring are intact....

DB1 front sprocket retainer plate

Ducati 750/900SS instrument cluster surround panels.....that go either side of the clocks...came from my Duc 1991 900ss...I replaced them with carbon fibre ones....best saving of 10 grammes per £ spent spent EVER.....Not....

2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you see again.....All for sale...>DB2 Switchgear this time.....Or cagiva or Ducati Or Guzzi from 1991 to 1999

2 No. RHS Kill/Start Switches

1 No. LHS control switchgear...turn signals...headlights/main hi and side....Horn and front "flash" button

DB2/3/4 Front plastic sprocket cover...same as Ducati 750/900Ss 1991-2000...As new

Ducati heavy cast steel Side stand attachment plate/bracket...bush for sidestand....Fits Ducati 851/888/Bimota DB2/3/4....Ducati 750/900SS and Tesi 1D models..3 bolt fixing goes into engine crankcase halves

Top right...Bimota Vdue Oil container "plug"...screws into aperture in top of petrol tank that also holds the petrol tank down

I've circled 4 items with question marks..because I have no idea...other than far left which is a twiddly bit that fits the footpeg assemblies I'm guessing RHS for brake plunger...but its just a flat plate for nothing to bolt to??

Early Ducati/Brembo Clutch lever for Coffin Pot series masters...New

2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stuff...this is a weird one...looks like a front wheel disc spacer to move a disc out from the hub...but its got tapered holes in it for tapered bolts...so that doesnt make sense....Petrol filler cap surround???

All sorts of oddities and bric-a-brac here....

Including 2 No. Used black series brake masters....suit Db2/Vdue etc....check if you need 2 side entry or one side entry and one top fit....These are "used" so I cannot guarantee anything with these without a rebuild...so "spares or repair" classification on those

These bits?? I have no idea...look like bushes...or the centres of bobbins on full floater front discs...but theres no grove to take a circlip...item on left is a ducati plastic oil filler cap shown for "size" purposes only
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may all find this "odd" ...but the box of bits I bought came with these nicely broken pieces also...showing you what can happen to footpegs and gear/brake levers and the twiddly bits...they certainly seem to be able to take a LOT of punishment/road rash considering their state...and that some are twisted..and others just HEAVILY ground down...but not snapped in two...

Why Am I showing them?? first few folk to buy other pieces will get a freebie piece of this tat thrown in just for a jolly jape....and "momento"

Other runners up may well receive a totally useless helmet lock that they would never use..AND...I have no keys for...they do take a Ducati ignition key from Ducs and Db4 style keys...so I estimate 1998 onwards...and they are made by Zadi

And for a Wooden Spoon "prize" who ever makes me the most ridiculously low offer on any of my parts for sale...but still actually buys something...I will "gift" this genuine piece of "used" Bimota Factory sticky tape...But I wont be naming names...it will go to that person...and only that person and me will know who it is....What a Joyous piece of memorabilia....The bimota name...the log...The address of the factory that is no more...and even a Fax number...oh the days eh? No computers or swipey phones...those long sweet halcyon days of yesteryear eh?

Defn:-….

The Halcyon is a bird of Greek legend and the name is now commonly given to the European Kingfisher. The ancients believed that the bird made a floating nest in the Aegean Sea and had the power to calm the waves while brooding her eggs. Fourteen days of calm weather were to be expected when the Halcyon was nesting - around the winter solstice, usually 21st or 22nd of December. The Halcyon days are generally regarded as beginning on the 14th or 15th of December.
The source of the belief in the bird's power to calm the sea originated in a myth recorded by Ovid. The story goes that Aeolus, the ruler of the winds, had a daughter named Alcyone, who was married to Ceyx, the king of Thessaly. Ceyx was drowned at sea and Alcyone threw herself into the waves in a fit of grief. Instead of drowning, she was transformed into a bird and carried to her husband by the wind.

I do also have a DB2/Ducati 750/900S circa 1991-1998...White faced vegila Speedo (in Mph) and tacho....in the foam surround with the idiot lights console/binnacle...and if this "idiot" here can find where the frig he's stored it...I'll post that up for sale also...Grrghhh...maybe theres more joyous goodies hiding where ever I've hidden those clocks.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: