Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New Here... a Few Questions... Clutch, Premix, Sprockets...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweatypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: New Here... a Few Questions... Clutch, Premix, Sprockets... Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Been reading thru some threads here, taking notes, seeing what others are getting into. Got a new project shoving one of these motors into an RS250. Bought a carb'd race motor from Piero and a bunch of spares, a Zeel, some Smartcarbs... slowly accumulating some stuff. A few questions so far that have come to mind:

1) What is the stock sprocket for the rear? These come 520 pitch already? What are you guys generally running as front-rear sprocket sizes for good drive?

2) Piero said he confirmed with his engineer, I can take all the oil pump stuff off running when running premix on the carb'd motor without problems. Anyone else running that way? Its only the EFI setup that creates the necessity for oil injection, correct? I saw a few threads here with concerns, just want to be 100% sure. I know sometimes different engines have unique bearing configurations that they would die without an oiling system. What premix ratio do you guys run on these things typically?

3) What clutch master ratio are you guys running? Or does anyone know what stock is? Trying to use an aftermarket Brembo, don't want to mess up the feel/modulation with the wrong master. (16x16, 16x18, 16x19, 19x18???)

4) Anybody here get rid of the old MOSFET rectifier garbage in place of a more modern design? Or everyone just doing "less crappy, but still crappy" MOSFET stuff? I know they're prone to crapping out. I did something similar with my 07' Speed Triple where I converted it to a current model CBR600RR unit with no problems.

Thanks.

- Collin
brian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Collin. Plenty of great info in threads here and quite a few active Vdue owners.

Not being a Vdue owner myself, I’m absolutely NO help to you, but I’m sure that one of the oil smokin Vdue nerds will be along shortly with some brilliant advice for you Wink .

Welcome mate
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
sweatypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thanks man. hopefully. glad there's still some resources out there for these things and people still using them.
trev45

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great motor now you need the rest of the bike hahhahaha

#1 16t front 39t rear stock gearing but a 15t front is good too
#2 Can run premix only on the non oil feed crank set ups
#3 Stock is not radial master so ? 13mm rings a bell stock
#4 I run total loss on my race bikes and stock on my EFI (no problems)

Cheers Trev
Gammaboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev45 wrote:

There's a frame on German Gumtree....
sweatypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev45 wrote:

#1 16t front 39t rear stock gearing but a 15t front is good too
#2 Can run premix only on the non oil feed crank set ups
#3 Stock is not radial master so ? 13mm rings a bell stock
#4 I run total loss on my race bikes and stock on my EFI (no problems)

Cheers Trev

hahaha its slowly coming. frame/swingarm here, custom Ohlins TTX is here, CNC Brembos here, Zeel here, Smartcarbs here... forks being made as we speak. dual pass alum radiator being made as we speak. carbon tank/fairings/airbox soon.

once the forks are here, BST wheels and Attack triples being ordered, swingarm going to Harris for quick change. then I'll finish up getting the rest of the stuff and get to welding and assembling. i've learned to be patient as i get older, but waiting on car/bike project timelines are the worst.

on #2... i ordered the race motor specifically with the uprated crank/rods with the better bearing oiling, and the uprated trans fork parts. cylinders are blank from factory instead of blockoff plates where the injectors used to go. i'm assuming i'm good to go. piero said i was good to go. just wanted to see who else was out there running it and what ratio vdue's like. i assume 24:1 or so to keep things safe, i'll figure it.

on #4... i'm gonna keep a battery on the thing so i can maybe weasel it out on to the street a few times a year, but might as well do preventative maintenance stuff at the beginning.

thanks for giving me a start on tracking those things down though.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few people done similar, might be worth trying to contact 'EYREY1' as I'm sure he must have lots of info that would help

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3983&highlight=rs250

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4524&highlight=rs250

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5185&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rs250&start=0
sweatypants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man. i looked thru those threads before i registered, nice how it came together, his looks good. i've been chatting with Fabio (Kooso) in Italy a fair amount about his. super nice guy. one of my buddies here is a 2T fanatic/engineer with some RS250s done up. i feel like between them and Piero and this place there's enough helpful people around for little things that arise. in general though, the chassis is just like any other sportbike chassis. 2T communities are full of good dudes. just gotta tackle the little nuances of having this specific motor as they arise and the little amount of fab work this will take. i expect that i'll have most all of the bike by mid-winter or so, so i'll start a build thread when things start going together and we'll see how it goes.
brian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the build thread
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
JackJabba

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need technical advice about these engines then I would ask Guido Fiedler. He is on this forum (Gufi) but probably quicker to email him through his buisiness. Don't let the website put you off, he is probably far too busy to keep it updated, waiting list to book your bike in for work was 12 months when I visited him. He is a true gent and a fountain of knowledge.

http://www.motorrad-fiedler.de/

He probably knows more about these engines than anyone else.
trev45

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido is a good guy
makes nice stuff too

Cheers Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: