Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Festival Italia 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you just bringing the carbs down?..... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights video from last years event...….1min13seconds in...theres a lambretta overtaking an all red SB6...and 1.25...theres a KB1 rounding a bend also...…...Does look a BIG event....maybe have to pack my walking boot to get round this place in a day and see everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=CjzNGeZ4Hz8

Link to entry etc not now working for tickets redemption so presumably its now "closed" for this year....links just saying this at the moment...

Your displa yvehicle pass will be issued to you approximately 2weeks before the event.
We will let you know when it has been issued.
Thanks,
EventsTeam
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Are you just bringing the carbs down?..... Laughing

not back in place yet, but they had an Ultrasonic session on Saturday afternoon with a view of removing any nasties that may have lurked there during storage........
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Highlights video from last years event...….1min13seconds in...theres a lambretta overtaking an all red SB6...and 1.25...theres a KB1 rounding a bend also...…...Does look a BIG event....maybe have to pack my walking boot to get round this place in a day and see everything

Link to entry etc not now working for tickets redemption so presumably its now "closed" for this year....links just saying this at the moment...

Your displa yvehicle pass will be issued to you approximately 2weeks before the event.
Thanks,
EventsTeam

In my defence I was only going out there for a wobble round and wave. They were race scooters and had a habit of swarming so I just let them go then got behind this guy and didn't have the heart to go by him (honest)
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
2bims wrote:

Thanks,
EventsTeam

In my defence I was only going out there for a wobble round and wave. They were race scooters and had a habit of swarming so I just let them go then got behind this guy and didn't have the heart to go by him (honest)

I didn't want to name names....but that all red Sb6 was quite distinctive as being a certain persons bike.....I had a twist and go 125 revving up against me once at the traffic lights....it was absolutely bucketing it down with rain....Friday Pm rush hr traffic....it was dark....and I had only just set off from home on cold tyres to take my Vdue to the MCr show...and Vdues are a pig to get off the line...and I had a head cold...and I was tired...and sleepy...and and...I let him have me...……...twice...…..Thankfully he probably had no idea whatsoever what I was on....
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

I didn't want to name names....but that all red Sb6 was quite distinctive as being a certain persons bike.....I had a twist and go 125 revving up against me once at the traffic lights....it was absolutely bucketing it down with rain....Friday Pm rush hr traffic....it was dark....and I had only just set off from home on cold tyres to take my Vdue to the MCr show...and Vdues are a pig to get off the line...and I had a head cold...and I was tired...and sleepy...and and...I let him have me...……...twice...…..Thankfully he probably had no idea whatsoever what I was on....

There there ... youre among friends
brian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the SB6 getting some love stockcar Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running stock settings on your carbs?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes AFAIK its as it left the factory and runs very well so never saw any need to delve further (its an SB6R to be exact)
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

small screen? old age? forgot glasses? Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
brian wrote:

small screen? old age? forgot glasses? Very Happy

Rrrrrrrrrr me matey Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so passes have been emailed, do we know what is happening on the morning to get bikes into the circuit in vans, etc. to unload???
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all in the same boat.....and emails sent out seem to make it clearer where we enter....drop bikes and then park up....as below

Please remember that you must print out your ticket and display it clearly in your windscreen when you arrive.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Gates open for display vehicles:
Sunday 19th August 2018: 07:00 – 08:30

Entrance gates:
All vehicles will enter through the main Brands Hatch entrance, if you have a P1 – P5 code on your vehicle pass you are welcome to enter through Paddock gate on Scratchers Lane so you are closer to your area on arrival.

Tickets:
The e-ticket linked to this email is your vehicle and driver entry pass. Your tickets are vehicle specific – please do not arrive in a different vehicle. The ticket is only valid if you arrive in the vehicle you booked. Any additional passengers will also require a ticket which can be purchased in advance up until midday Thursday 16th August or on the day. Children under 13 are free.

To access your e-ticket the system may ask you to enter your post code, the post code to which your ticket was registered will display on your original order confirmation.

Vehicle Pass:
Please print your vehicle pass and have this with you when you arrive at the venue. The letter/ number on the vehicle pass corresponds to your parking location so please display this clearly for the parking marshals once through the main gate. Once in place please do not move your vehicle. If you do need to move, for example due to an emergency, you must request assistance from a Brands Hatch marshal before moving your vehicle.

Please follow this link to view a site map with the parking code locations:

https://msvstatic.com/documents/Public%20FI%20Plan_low.pdf

Vehicle Parade Laps:
The Bike Parade will take place at: 17:05
The Car Parade will take place at: 18:10

Please ensure you read the Parade Lap Terms & Conditions carefully before participating, here:

https://msvstatic.com/documents/Italia%20Parade%20Briefing.pdf

Exclusive competition:
Festival Italia in association with show sponsors, A-Plan Insurance, are delighted to offer a unique VIP experience only available for display car attendees at Festival Italia 2018 - for more information and to enter visit this link:

https://blog.aplan.co.uk/festival-italia-2018/

Kind Regards
Team Festival Italia
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad spot J1 - So entrance via Main Entrance for set-up....usual "elistist" on our own inbetween a couple of buildings...backing onto the circuit behind us.....Food places to the left and right of us....Bandstand up and right....and trampolines and fun fair directly ahead...now....wheres the toilets....

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rooms that are booked for Saturday night are just alongside the main entrance. The Bimota pitch is right in the middle of the displays so handy for everything. Ducati and MV clubs are at opposite ends of the display, do MSV expect some sort of trouble? Laughing

For those coming from Oop North, don't forget about the Dartford Crossing Toll which is no longer paid at a toll booth.
See https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge

Also hope this doesn't upset our journey Shocked It is scheduled for Friday night so we should be OK
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1001128/M25-traffic-M25-closed-dartford-crossing-queues-delays-tunnel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: