Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Found a DB6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoName

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Found a DB6 Reply with quote

Dear all,
Finally I found a nice one and today I went to Italy to join the famous Ducati
WDW. Hope they let me in ...
The last weeks were been quiet interesting learning about Bimota engineering.
Tank off to change the fuel lines and cleaning air filter, weekend job.
Changing chain and sprocket, like mission impossible to get spare parts.
And the seat heating is funny in the summer heat here.
Whoever designed this Seat was never driving a real bike. Or was a female.
But I do have a lot of fun with here.
Ciao from Italy,
Frank
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like you have learnt all of the issues of the Db6 very quickly....fortunately your list stops where it is.....the riders seat pad is best removed and extra foam and height added to make it longer and less suited for a female and more male.....Under the seat yes...the exhausts....makes stopping at traffic lights very hot for the left leg....You can buy exhaust shields that bolt on with jubilee clips...and insulate the pipes with heat wrap or under the seat add more heat protective shield

Tank removal is very simple....IF you unscrew the 2 two drain hose nipples in the bottomend of the tank that stops you lifting up the tank to gain access to the airbox....saves you having to bend or loosen the very thick stainless steel bracket that fixes to the tank with 3 No. bolts

I have the 2 No. Workshop Manuals available on "fileshare" if you are interested.....Full colour electronic documents...Enjoy WDW
quikduk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Tank removal is very simple....IF you unscrew the 2 two drain hose nipples in the bottomend of the tank that stops you lifting up the tank to gain access to the airbox....saves you having to bend or loosen the very thick stainless steel bracket that fixes to the tank with 3 No. bolts

Rolling Eyes Embarassed

NOW I see this. I fought with that tank for what seemed like hours. The fix, which I neglected to do but might in the future, is to cut that rear bracket in half and weld a small continuous steel hinge between the halves. Undo the bolts, flop it down and remove the tank.

You also have to remove the two bolts that hold the ignition billet aluminum shroud or whatever it is called from the front of the tank. I managed to let it put a small scratch in the red on the tank lower front (*!$#%*&!!!).

F-ing Italians...lol

I wish engineers thought about those who have to work on these things before designing everything into a thimble.

Evil or Very Mad
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never removed that front part around the ignition barrel,,,,the bolts are dummy in effect....its the locater pins that only do a job in sliding into the tank holes.....I simply concentrate with bolts and drains at the back...lift the bank...then slide the tank out from the front locater pins.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: