Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Orignal owner 1997 SB6R for sale Las Vegas Nevada USA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaja37

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Orignal owner 1997 SB6R for sale Las Vegas Nevada USA Reply with quote

I just found this web site and perhaps you can help me. I have listed the bike on eBay, www.ebaymotors.com. in the United States. I am the original owner, always garaged. Milage 16000 estimate ZESSB6000TR00014. European VIN Number. ***Orignal California Certificate of Title dated 07/14/1997. Orignal Bill of Sale: Bimota UK, Dunragit, Strangaer, Scottland.***OEM Certificate of Newness, Warranty book, Owners manual, with wiring diagrams, complete OEM graphic parts manual with all the bike part numbers , Paioli front fork manual, Ohlins shock manual. 11,000 Olins shock rebuilt, August 2009 the bike was completely detailed. This included new oil,filter, new air filter, new coolant,new chain, new rear sprocket, new fork seals, new fork oil, new front and rear brake pads, new brake lever, new hydraulic fluid clutch, new Dunlap quailifer tires front and rear, new Brimbo rear brake caliper, new battery. Since August 2009 I have put 2010 miles on the bike.OEM combination Tach and Speedmeter replaced with GSXR750 instrument panel because the OEM tach died and I could not get a replacement. The new Tach works but the speedometer is not hooked up.
Why am I selling the bike. I love it but I am 64 years old and I cannot ride the bike anymore in the sportbike riding position. It has always been garaged, never been in the rain and always have good maintenance. Cash only. More pictures available or you can call for more information about the bike. ***Also. OEM SB6R brochure, 1997 Motor Cyclist, and Fast Bike magazine reviews. ***Great bike that needs a home where someone will ride it all the time.
As you all know it is a beautiful bike and I hate to part with it. It need to have a owner that will ride the bike every weeks. What I do not have in the ebay ad is I kept the bike at my sons house in California for 10 years and I visited him once a month and road the bike about 300 miles each time. My son sold his motorcycle so in August 2009 I and the mechanic who has done all the service on the bike go through everything and I brought the bike back to Las Vegas, Nevada and I ride the bike about every two weeks. The problem is I am 64 and the roads in Nevada are straight which mean no fun.
***I also have a spare SB6R tail section and a spare left front panel. The bike fell over about 10 years ago at a gas station when the kick stand sank into new asphalt. It scraped the left front panel and the tail section. Insurance paid for a new tail section $2750. USD. I did not install the new tail and side panel until this year. After reading this web site I think someone might be able to use panel especially the tail section. I would post the photos but I do not know who to post photos in this web site.
Is asking 8,000 USD to much money for the bike. It is a think of beauty. I feel if I cannot get 8K I should just keep the bike. If you know anyone in the United States that wants a great bike I encourage them to come to Nevada and ride the bike.
***One last item Since I purchased the bike from a dealer in the UK I could not title or register the bike in California as a Bimota. I have a title with the correct VIN number but the title is called Special Construction. I do not want to give anyone interested any surprises.
***Sorry for being to long with the words the bike is my baby and I really hate to let it go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: