Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R, question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorenzo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEEDLE

Guys can you confirm that the position of the ring in the needle is the :
second from the top ?

th
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: SB6R Reply with quote

With the original exhaust, second notch on the needle would be about right. The other things to check are the fuel strainer on the fuel cock and the float level.
lorenzo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello guys, sure i'll do soon

th
Andrew034

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to totally pour cold water on the filters, several years ago my SB6 was placed in hibernation for a few years. When I revived it, with the air box removed it idled OK but accelerated and ran very poorly at any engine speed over over a couple of thousand RPM, all of the carburettors were hesitant when accelerating and one of the carburettors even fluttered quite badly at higher engine speeds with a constant throttle.

When I re-installed the air box (with the standard paper filter) most of the running problems disappeared.

Now at the time, laziness dictated that I didn't bother to strip the carburettors, however I had cleaned then to get the bike running. As I suspected, once the bike was being used, after a couple of tanks of fuel with some injector cleaner as an additive the remainder of the running issues disappeared (basically the fresh fuel cleaned out any remaining gum and residue from the original fuel).

What is my point? in stock condition the carburettors do appear to require some air filter resistance to hold the floats open.

Additionally further to other posters, my SB6 does not have a fuel pump, nor does it have any type of electric fuel cock. There is a vacuum line from a carburettor that operates the fuel cock, so theoretically fuel is only available when the engine is running.

After 20+ years I'd check the vacuum line and the fuel cock, leaking vacuum lines play havoc with engine running.

And lets be honest the carburettor rubbers are also likely perished and hard due to lack of use.

Andrew...
lorenzo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys

when you write DYNO ...you mean to buy the kit stage 1 and install as it is on the bike ??

special comments or just follow indications wrote for the suzuki ?

thank

BTW i ordered the kit let's wait it
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyno ... rolling road tune, dynometer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: