Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Delivery address in Japan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Delivery address in Japan Reply with quote

Hello All,

I've bought an SB6R shock absorber off Yahoo in Japan, via From Japan. The latter tells me they can only ship suspension parts to a Japanese address. Does anybody know of anybody who would take delivery in Japan and forward on to me in the UK?

Any help very gratefully received. Otherwise I can just pull the dunce's cap on and go and stand in the corner Crying or Very sad
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese air services (usually EMS) won't ship anything that has pressurised gas in it or has had petrol in it (eg used carbs ). I purchased a pair of carbs but had to have them shipped via a sea service, which takes forever.
On a brighter note, Drew Johnson (check his Facebook page for details) has shipped me used petrol tanks and bits in the past.
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Delivery address in Japan Reply with quote

Thanks very much Geekay, I'll try to make contact with Drew.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorts of weird rules in Japan re shipping.....are you friends with Drew of "unobtainium" in Japan??..SOurces bikes and parts from auctions and sends them to people in UK and everywhere else? Laminator on here bought his Ap 250RS via him...and did him a nice favour recently in sending some Bimota bolts free to him for Drews YB7...…..(Drew is on Facebook)
brian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Ohlins rear shock from USA last year on eBay but it was apparently confiscated by US customs. I never found out why or where it ended up. I got my money refunded by eBay
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Delivery address in Japan Reply with quote

2bims, thanks for the lead, I'll get in touch with Drew of Unobtainium.

Brian, US Customs have broken into my daughter's case so many times, that I think it is a form of "Hello and welcome back" now:!:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: