Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8K Injectors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: SB8K Injectors Reply with quote

I'm trying 2nd hand IWP189 spray shower injectors on the SB8K, instead of the IWP69 pencil type shower injector.

They produce a fine wide area mist zone which is drawn into the bellmouth instead of a fine jet. The SB8K was the pioneering marelli shower set up.

The 189s are a later development from marelli and were/are? used in various ducatis and guzzis.

First impressions are very good, idling faster and seems less sooty than the 69's so far - not tried it on road yet, so don't try this at home yet, might burn down the old shed!!

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Zombie
brian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shower injectors certainly look very cool when running
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will certainly be interested to know how it goes Zombie as the K certainly seems to throw the fuel in by the bucket load.
I guess these are a straight replacement.
zombie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort, going well so far and yup, they are a straight replacement.
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say how well this has worked out for my SB8K Gobert - its a very early one #2/50.

Doing about 50mpg no more plug fouling seems faster than ever and nice and smooth.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Zombie , need to get around to doing this on my Santa. Maybe this winter I will try to make some time for her. Very Happy
matt guffogg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yes i have got some of the 189 injectors and swapped them out for the yellow original type
been out for about 20 miles and unfortunately plugs are worse than ever bike did feel smooth at first until fully warmed up then eventually started to misfire
with the tank up and engine running you can see the fuel hitting the throttle bodies and the 189 does seem to send more fuel through
The mod only takes a few minutes to do so promptly swapped back to my old yellow type
These purple striped injectors also fit on my 999s that has the yellow type but the duc can be remapped easily think that is were these will end up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: