Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

The finishing touches on my YB5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only blame brain fade... platinum ferodo as pictured Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent another 3 hours on the YB5 this morning. I am super happy with the Venhill braided hoses. The ability to set the line and then nip up the banjo fittings to the hose is so nice. It has made adapting the Brembo Radial much easier than any other option. The lines to the calipers from the lower tripple clamp were straight, but when fitting them all this morning, i preferred the 15 degree angle adapter, it allows the lines to run much easier. The dealer didn't have any short lines, so i grabbed one of the shortest they had which was 300mm long, i hoped i could get it to fit, unfortunately it doesn't so back on Monday morning to order a shorter one, i fear it may have to be custom ordered which may slow down finishing the bike, but as they say, do it once, do it properly...

20181006_102957s by Motorbike Owner, on Flickr

20181006_103030s by Motorbike Owner, on Flickr

20181006_103043s by Motorbike Owner, on Flickr

I also played around with fluid reservoirs, as i want a nice clean look, first i temporarily mounted the stock Brembo unit, but i didn't like the bracket, it wasn't a nice fit on the master cylinder clamp.... I purchased some nice billet aluminium black units which i like, but trying to figure out where to mount them is tough. I was thinking about trying to pry the black plastic ends of the bars off and fabricating a small bracket to attach them.. I then noticed the top triple clamp is already drilled and tapped, so i bolted them there and i'm fairly happy, i'm a little concerned that the reservoir isn't high enough, but i'll run the hose and ponder what it looks like on the next working bee. I did think about doing what Bimota did on the DB1, where the reservoirs were screwed into the top of the fork legs and they also acted as the spring retainers..

20181006_114932s by Motorbike Owner, on Flickr

20181006_114943s by Motorbike Owner, on Flickr

20181006_115045s by Motorbike Owner, on Flickr

20181006_120339s by Motorbike Owner, on Flickr

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
who

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there mate. You are doing a cracking job on the bike.

If you are planning on club or full rego in Victoria, those brake lines won't cut the RWC requirements.

A mate just went through club reg with a YB7, and the rwc was knocked because the oem lines didn't display ADR compliance. Those lines will not satisfy requirements, as they are screw together, not swaged, nor ADR approved.

Try HEL australia, unless you know someone... Very Happy
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Who,

The bike is already on Club Reg Smile

The place i purchased the lines assured me that they were approved, they are a licenced RWC tester as well. I need to see them tomorrow to get the shorter master line so i'll confirm again.

Steve

Bud977

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a 1985 model, the brake lines would need to comply with the ADRs which were in effect at the time i.e. 2nd Edition ADRs.

There is nothing in the 2nd Edition ADRs which disallows the use of screw on fittings.

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/design/second_edition_adrs.aspx
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Australian H&S Reply with quote

You’ve got sharks, jellyfish, stones fish, salties, poisonous everything inland including lizards toads and snakes. You ru the risk of flash floods, bush fires, cyclones. Most of the population seems to like “adventurous sports..... and yr Govt is worried about brake lines FFS! Sometimes boring old Britain is just great!!
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, PM sent, Cheers Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: