Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tuatara Wiring Diagram

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spongebob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Tuatara Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

Long shot i know! Anyone got a wiring diagram for a Tuatara? My neutral and oil warning lights have both packed up. Rest of the dash works fine and fuel and main beam warning lights work fine. It's not a fuse as there doesn't appear to be a fuse in that supports dash function. The warning lights are LED so no bulbs and are permanently connected to a circuit board. No idea which of the myriad of wires across 3 connector blocks is the idiot lights to test.
Andrew034

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Furano has the standard FZR1000 wiring loom for all functions except the fuel injection and for that there is a second loom.

So for the neutral light and oil lights a wring loom diagram from Yamaha (which can be located on the internet) can be used.

While the Tuatara has an exotic dash, it is unlikely that the wiring loom has been altered (it will just be the dash that is different) and there may be an adapter plug or splice somewhere..

LED lights are very reliable, so if some lights have failed, the circuit board in the dash is the most likely culprit.

For testing the loom, if the FZR wiring diagram doesn't help, I can only suggest that you look at the wire colours at the sensor and then attempt to see if the same colours are in one of the multi-plugs.

Andrew...
Spongebob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At risk of sounding ignorant where is the neutral and oil pressure senders? I know my way around a big Suzuki or Kawasaki motor but this is my first Yamaha and neither seem obvious. On the Kawasaki motors both are in close proximity and wires join the loom via a common connection so hoping for something similar. I guess it’s a bodywork off job to trace 🙁
Andrew034

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't bother to look on my Furano (the fairing will get in the way), however the Tuatara should have a 2gh engine. The FZR 1000 doesn't have an oil pressure switch actually it is an oil level indicator.

This part fiche shows the level indicator bolting into the bottom of the sump and the neutral switch on the left side of the motor.

https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-fzr1000-1987-2gh-europe-272gh-300e2_model37363/partslist/0048.html#.W8MHJadL06g

Andrew...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: